Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:09:45 PM EDT
I started a thread a while back about Model 1 Sales, and in it I mentioned the labeling of the barrel. A user here at AR-15.com private messaged me and expained to me how he ordered the same barrel/kit as mine, but didn't have the markings I described. Either Model 1 Sales has barrels marked differently from different suppliers, or different lots, or different times - or the user was mistaken, or Model 1 Sales ripped him off and didn't give him chrome lined.

I ordered a Chrome Lined (not chrome moly) 1:9 twist barrel. It was from Model 1 Sales, and this barrel is a 16" pre-ban config.

Here is a pic:

http://ranger.zftp.com/KP/ar15dotcom/M1S%20Stamping.jpg

I am posting this as info and comparison for those who are interested.

Also, for those of you wondering, that is an "A1" front sight post. It is round, and the base has 5 grooves, the A2 has a square post, and 4 grooves.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
This may be something new.

All the kits I have ever purchased never had any marks. None of my friends either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Model one recently started having their barrels marked.  Model one uses A1 sights quite often.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top