Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 2:16:39 PM EDT
I seem to remember a post saying that if you had a Colt H-bar Match rifle, that you had a chromed chamber but not a lined bore. Is this true? My rifle is marked:

COLT
MATCH
TARGET tm
Competition
-Hbar -

If my barrel is chrome lined, I'll send it out to adco to be contoured and threaded, if not I may just buy a new M4 barrel. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone has to know. Please?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
To be blunt, the markings on the lower receiver don't mean shit.  What markings are on the barrel and what profile is the barrel?

If you've got a heavy barrel with a 1/9 twist then it's most likely a chrome chamber and not a chrome bore.  If it's a 1/7 then it likely has a chrome bore.

Best thing is to just try to get a good look at the muzzle to see if you can see any chrome.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
check the barrel physically as suggested.  A chromed bore will have this distinctive white color to it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It's probably not chromed  lined . The only one that colt makes completely chrome lined chamber and barrel is the m4 carbine post ban  1/7 twist.   Most of the law enforcement uppers and complete guns  are chrome lined   that's why people  are willing to pay big bucks for them.  Call COLT they should be able to tell you if it's chrome  lined.  1 800 962 colt  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Colt Match Target 6700 that was made in April of this year and all it came with is a chrome chamber.

If it is a Colt Match Target 6400 it wil have a Chrome bore and Chamber
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, the rifle is stock so I figured that the receiver marking would tell you. The barrel is marked CMP 5.56 Nato 1/9 HBAR. So it's probably not chrome lined, what i figured. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I can see that ring of chrome in my chamber as well. I just wish I had a chrome lined barrel.h
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top