Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:10:20 PM EDT
Reading in another post concerning sighting in that the M16A4 carry handle is different from the M4 carry handle.
The A4 handle is marked with a "Z" for zero?
Where is the "Z" marking?
Is it just the elevation wheel which is marked differently between the two handles?
Anyone got a pic?

Mick
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be partially due to Colt using higher FSB's???

I'm not sure if FN uses the same height FSB as colt, but if they do not use the same...that would explain the difference in the handles...

What a fucking mess.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Reading in another post concerning sighting in that the M16A4 carry handle is different from the M4 carry handle.
The A4 handle is marked with a "Z" for zero?
Where is the "Z" marking?
Is it just the elevation wheel which is marked differently between the two handles?
Anyone got a pic?

Mick

If the are both milspec Colt, they should be the same.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The Carry handles for the M-4/M-4A1 are exactly the same as for the M16A4. The only difference is in the zeroing procedure outlined in TM 9-1005-319-10 (Oct 98).
When you zero an M-4 you place the rear elevation sight knob to the 6/3 setting...you zero at 25M and leave the knob for a Battlezero out to 300M

With the M16A4 you place the Rear elevation sight knob to the "Z" setting which is two clicks up from (6/3) you zero at 25M and then move tthe elevation knob back to 6/3 and you now have a 300M battle zero.

This info is also found on the Zero tgt Used by the U.S.Army. The "Z" setting is used for the M16A4 ONLY
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'll be John Kerry....., uh, make that a horse's ass!

Just checked my Colt M4 carry handle, and it is marked with a "Z" two clicks up from 6/3.
Never noticed that before.

Out of interest, just checked my Bushmaster detachable carry handle. It is also marked with a "Z" two clicks up from 6/3.

Mick
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't feel bad. There can be some confusion when dealing with the M16A1/A2/A3/A4 and the M-4/M4A1 weapon system's. That' why I alway's reference the TM (Technical Manual)
Cause I would not fly with a Pilot who does his preflight check by memory...to much shit to forget
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top