Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 8:33:11 AM EDT
Fellow Shooters,

I have a question about a collapsable stock that I bought at a gun show this weekend.  The guy told me that it is a Bushmaster, but in reviewing their page, it must be older, if it is.  It is an all metal stock, with a "B" stamped on the left side, at the rear.  It has the lever on the bottom, with a "fat" teardrop shape butt plate.

Also, when destroying my full length tube (removal), I found that a little more elbow grease was not the ticket.  It was put on with a heavy dose of Red loctiite.  I did apply heat, but not enough.  Just a hint for those of you contemplating the same thing.

thanks,

Craig
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like the guy was trying to pull a fast one on you.   I have never seen a new or old Bushmaster stock with a "B" on it, (let alone all metal??? weird...).   Its also weird that your old stock tube was loctite on?   I swapped mine out recently and didnt find any loctite on mine

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I changed out buffers on my Bushy a few months ago and I was able to break it loose with a little elbow grease and someone holding the reciever (no vice).
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushy does sell the old style metal telestocks - but they use the newere (and better) Fiberlite stocks on their rifles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I never really had a problem with the receiver extention, but that damn screw...THAT had some locktite on it.

My Preban Bushmaster (still in an AWB state) has an all alluminum stock with a 'B' on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Shooters,

Thanks for the answers.  When I bought it, I did so knowing that it's lineage may be questionable, but did so because I needed a metal one.  It has to stand up to the recoil forces from my 458 upper, so I passed on all of the other "plastic" ones that I looked at.  It has a outter finish that does match my Bushmaster fairly well, and the inner tube (buffer portion) is even a little purpleh
Thanks again,

Craig

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top