Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:28:35 AM EDT
does anyone know what a used in good condition colt sp1 upper with out the bolt or carrier would cost? the upper has the rear standard site, ejection port dust cover, no forward assist and no shell deflector. any help would be greatly appreciated.

snipen
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on ee in used parts right now for $250.  hth!
pjc
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info, i have a better idea now. i,m surprised at how much they go for.

snipen
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
does anyone know what a used in good condition colt sp1 upper with out the bolt or carrier would cost? the upper has the rear standard site, ejection port dust cover, no forward assist and no shell deflector. any help would be greatly appreciated.

snipen

Are you talking about a barrelled upper, or just the upper itself?

Actually, you can get a pretty good idea by checking out the Used Parts section on the EE.

Should be about $80-$100 for just the upper (w/parts), and $175-$200 for a barrelled upper w/o bolt/ carrier.

Remember, SP1 uppers only fit SP1 lowers, unless you invest in a rather clumsy adapter thet will cost another $20 (from Bushmaster).

At the risk of pissing off a previous poster, $250 is too much for an SP1 barrelled upper, unless it includes the bolt/carrier assy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
okay great, i saw approximately the same prices you quoted on gunbroker .com. however i did not know the sp1 upper will only fit the sp1 lower, is it because of the size of the pivot pin?

snipen

oh, and thanks!hy.gif
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
okay great, i saw approximately the same prices you quoted on gunbroker .com. however i did not know the sp1 upper will only fit the sp1 lower, is it because of the size of the pivot pin?

snipen

oh, and thanks!

Yes, unless you purchase an adapter sleeve, to reduce the upper front pin diameter, it will only fit the SP1 lowers.

A bit of personal advice, for whatever it's worth.  The ONLY sales site I have found with the best prices on AR parts is right here in the EE section og this site.  If I'm looking for something for an AR, it's the only place I look. And of what you're after isn't there today, just check back a couple of times a day for awhile, and it'll turn up

If yo're wanting an early type top end, to fit on a later model lower, keep an eye out for a milsurp M16 or M16A1 unit.  They show up over on the RR section at least a couple of times a week. The M16 units are Air Force surp, and the A1 types are Army surp.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the advice.

snipen
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thanks for the advice.

snipen

PLEASE DELETE............................................... THANKS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top