Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 6:25:44 PM EDT
I've seen on the EE a couple of 1-pc freefloat tubes. I've never seen one of these in person, but I assume the tube is also the barrel nut? You install it with a strap wrench?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Some are one-piece units that you do install with with a strap wrench. Others are two-piece units where the rear-most part of the tube is actually a seperate barrel-nut that threads onto the main body of the tube after you tighten it to the receiver with a conventional barrel not wrench. The latter is much easier to install; particularly when lining up the gas tube hole.

I would look at the brand name of each unit and then find a website for whomever manufactures and/or sells that particular item.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I was told by Hogue that you punch out the two pins on the front tower site slide that off and slide on the new one piece forend and re-add the gas tube ??

It difficult to tell via the manual and tear downs I've read.

I read there was a nut to remove or losen but wasnt sure.

I would have to buy the tool to remove it.

Does the nut go behind the front site or back where the butt of the barrel inserts into the upper ??

Thanks,
John
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top