Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 6:08:36 PM EDT
I have a RRA flat top upper that is brand new. I noticed that it doesn't have a clear coat on it  the one that makes it a little bit shiney or I think it would be called a protictive coat on it. I need help in trying to find out who does this and how much it cost I have looked around and can't find anything. Any help or info would be appreciated thanks guy's.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of someone doing clear coat on AR receivers  Unless you meant some sort of teflon coat, which I am not familiar with. Bushmaster might be able to help you with that...not sure if they'll do RRA uppers tho

if you just want that look with the sheen, just apply a light film of CLP on the surface to give it a little sheen, CLP will self level into a even film over a period of time, giving it a nice, even sheen.  If you touch the surface, it'll leave fingerprints, but just leave it for a few minutes and it'll self level again. I wouldn't waste time trying to refinish a brand new receiver, if you really want to,  use it until the finish gets worn, then refinish it to your liking.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I just don't know what they call it, I can take my fingernail and scratch it accross the reciever and you can see a line on it but then I just wipe it off is it supposed to do that? I know the ones we use and I get out of the arms room do not do that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
if it leaves a white line and you can just wipe it off,  that means the actual finish isn't actually marred, the white stuff is from your finger nail.  My colt and bushy uppers are like that, absolutely non reflective when dry.  I'm sure it's normal.  I know what you mean by receivers having a slight sheen, I've seen both.  different mfgs color their receivers differently I guess.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that what I was trying to say. I guess I wont worry about I will just build it and shoot the shit out of it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top