Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 2:18:52 PM EDT
Hey,

Can anyone tell me if  the bushmaster shorty AK barrel is threaded under the brake?
I'd like to remove and replace with a FH if possible.
It looks like the HUGE pin through the bottom holds it on and my guess is that it is not threaded.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is on a 14.5" barrel it is indeed pinned.

Bill

editied: I just read the title, yes it is pinned as you have a "Shorty" which is a 14.5" barrel. It has to be permenatly 16.1" to be legal. If you remove it you'd have to install a FS that is permanently installed and that make the barrel 16.1".

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it is on a 14.5" barrel it is indeed pinned.

Bill

editied: I just read the title, yes it is pinned as you have a "Shorty" which is a 14.5" barrel. It has to be permenatly 16.1" to be legal. If you remove it you'd have to install a FS that is permanently installed and that make the barrel 16.1".

Bill, yes a flash hider is what I have in mind. Do you happen to know if the barrel is threaded under the brake?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be only guessing, I have the same rifle, but I'd guess it is threaded. I put an AK brake on another rifle and that brake was threaded, as was the barrel. Sorry, but I can't say for sure. Call Bushy.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there a washer between the brake and the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is there a washer between the brake and the barrel?

Doesn't appear to be..
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my answer, slipped on and pinned..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top