Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 8:42:44 PM EDT
I am looking for an A1 upper for my next build. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that make one? I would prefer an upper with a teardrop forward assist and without the brass deflector.  All I have seen are the ones with the brass deflector. I do not want a slabside. Thanks, Phessor
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am looking for an A1 upper for my next build. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that make one?

Bushmaster A1 Upper Receiver

Fulton Armory

Quoted:
I would prefer an upper with a teardrop forward assist and without the brass deflector.  

Good luck with that.... I have NO idea.

Have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you are going to get a complete upper reciever then you just buy a tear drop F/A assembly.

As for the reciever with the forward assist without the case deflector. Good luck, I have been looking for the same thing but can't find one. I did hear Brownells was selling one but then someone said the ad was wrong and it had the case deflector. So I don't know if they sell one or not.

Maybe keep looking in the EE or look at at gunshows for one. Other than that I have no idea
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a complete upper reciever from a guy on gunbroker.  It's a lightweight barrel, A1 reciever, has a forward assist, but it's round, not teardrop, and it doesn't have a brass deflector.  When I got it, I didn't even notice it didn't have the brass deflector.  I was surprised.  

I wish I could tell you who makes it though.  It has no markings on it what-so-ever.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I find those in the EE all the time.  Colt M16A1 uppers.... no deflector, with FA.  Just look around.

Or, go here:  www.buffertech.com/ar15_uppers.htm

Get that, then if you dont want the barrel, sell it.  Also keep the COLT B/C/CH or sell it.  Pretty easy to recoup costs and get a receiver for cheap at those prices.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Man I find those in the EE all the time.  Colt M16A1 uppers.... no deflector, with FA.  Just look around.

Or, go here:  www.buffertech.com/ar15_uppers.htm

Get that, then if you dont want the barrel, sell it.  Also keep the COLT B/C/CH or sell it.  Pretty easy to recoup costs and get a receiver for cheap at those prices.

Thank you very much FALARAK!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone do a build using Buffer Tech's A1 upper?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top