Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2004 4:57:33 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these? How is the quality even though they are cast and not forged? Were they all sold as complete rifles?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
if you mean eagle arms, then yes.  i bought three lowers and can't complain.  price was $125, bushmaster's are $165.  have rra, bushmaster, and model 1 lower parts kits in em and model 1's kit was the only one that gave me problems.  

they are forged lowers
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If you mean Essential Arms,I bought a stripped one from Bushmaster about twenty years ago.

It's still an A1 and still rockin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Essential Arms is back fellas. They are listed in Shot Gun News for $69 each or 10 for $62 each. They are forged receivers. They made good receivers back in the day and would asssume that they are still as good.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Essential makes both forged and cast receivers now.  Back before they shut down (about '93) they made just cast.  Of the various cast rx on the market, these are probably the best.  I had one, and have seen lots of others.

Edited to add:  No, Essential never made any complete rifles.  They did stock some kits, but none of their kits contained barrels, nor did they stock barrels.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If I remember correctly....DPMS bought Essential Arms equipment/machinery so they could manufacture their own rifles.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Essential makes both forged and cast receivers now.  Back before they shut down (about '93) they made just cast.  Of the various cast rx on the market, these are probably the best.  I had one, and have seen lots of others.

Edited to add:  No, Essential never made any complete rifles.  They did stock some kits, but none of their kits contained barrels, nor did they stock barrels.

I cant find a link to their company anywhere, I have a J-15 cast receiever now,on my "pre-ban", and was wondering if they ever came back in business could I send them my lower as a swap with a forged one with the same number, thanks
Randy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top