Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:38:09 AM EDT
Just bought a new AR today at the Charlotte gun show .  It is a RRA Varmiter w/18" stainless barrel.  I'm alittle concerned about the marking on the barrel.  It is stamped " DSC 1-8 ".  Is this really a factory RRA or did I get taken?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I think DSC makes it a Double Star barrel.  This is the second post where I've read about Double Star barrels on Rock River guns.  I'd call Rock River and see if that's who supplies their barrels.

"Getting taken" is a function of price.  I don't think you'll have any issues with the gun.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm very happy with the price.  I traded a Para Limited P14-45 that I never shot plus $200.  I've got about $900 total into it.  RRA's site has it for $1000 (plus taxes and those silly yellow papers)    Maybe I can get out tomorrow to get her a go.  Thanks for all your responses.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Never assume just because it says RRA or any other brand on a lower receiver that the entire rifle is RRA (or the normal parts they use).

If you are lucky, you will at least have a functional and accurate rifle out of the deal.

(Edited because I didn't see the part about the stainless barrel)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think DSC makes it a Double Star barrel.  This is the second post where I've read about Double Star barrels on Rock River guns.  I'd call Rock River and see if that's who supplies their barrels.

"Getting taken" is a function of price.  I don't think you'll have any issues with the gun.

Wilson makes all of the RRA barrels.  Double Star uses Shaw barrels.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have to ask, you got taken.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't care what it says on the barrel. If that marking suggests a 1/8 twist, it gives you plenty of options

Hell, sigman, you scored, dude!    Now go shoot something................

Congratulations!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top