Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2004 9:54:47 AM EDT
I bought a new Armalite upper of off EE the other day.  I've only owned BM's and Colt in the past, but was interested in a 16" mid length upper for 3 gun matches, so I gave the Armalite a try.  

It's a mid length gas system with a 16" barrel (thinnned under the hand guards), with the Armalite comp.  The fit and finish was excellent.  

Here're some pics:

I shot the new Armalite upper yesterday.  All the recoil was directed rearward and it was very flat.  It had more rearward recoil than my BM 20" with a BM Y Comp, but just as flat.  It was far flatter tham my BM 16" with a Smith Enterprises brake and a carbine length gas system.  

Shooting pieces of notebook paper at 25 yards, the dot of my Aimpoint never left the paper in recoil - enabling quick follow up shots.

I didn't shoot any groups - just quick doubles and triples on the notebook paper @ 25 yards from the low ready from the timer beep.   It was 100% reliable.

I am very impressed with this upper and Armalites quality.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
looks good... how much did you get it for? what lower did you mate it to? more pics!

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
What did you expect !!! it's Armalite, not no bullshit !!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
That's good to hear because I just got one 2nd hand and added a TROY folding front sight haven't had a chance to shoot it yet    thanks for the info!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I put it on my BM lower (the one I have for my 16" BM) and mounted a Aimpoint ML2 with an Aimpoint QRP mount.  

The lower is dedicated for 3 gun matches, so its has a great JP fire control group in it.  I put a rail and vertical foregrip on the stock handguards  - I bought both from Bravo Company on EE (great service).  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top