Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 11:55:04 PM EDT
If you paint your AR with dura coat, is it permenantly on or could you take it off if you don't like it later.  If you can't take it off how many coats of dura coat is to many, lets say you do it one way then change it after a while and then again and again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
it's removable;  i've had a few wear spots on my lowers.  it's a good finish IMO.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:02:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If applied with a airbrush, DuraCoat goes on in a very thin coat, and as such can be done over again and again.
The only problem would be painting a part that has tight tollerances, such as the bolt carrier.
As for removing it, I think that would be a major job, I have painted 6 rifles and 3 pistols in various schemes, and have never seen wear once the paint has set after a couple of days.
For a good info source on DuraCoat, check out Lauer"s site :
www.lauerweaponry.com/
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top