Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 9:56:45 PM EDT
The install went pretty easily....I have questions about two parts.

1.  With the collapsible will you no longer be able to use the buffer retainer spring?  This is the spring which basically becomes exposed once the original stock is removed...it's located at the base of the receiver.

2.  The buffer retainer will no longer be locked into the lower....as in it can now be removed when you separate the upper from the lower.  

I hope I am clear on these questions!!!  Any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Which part are you talking about

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Which part are you talking about

www.sawlesales.com/images/schematic9.gif

He's talking about #9 for the spring, I think.

For the questions:

1. It will sit underneath the end plate which is held on by your castle nut.

Not sure about your second question...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he's talking about the buffer retainer and spring, which would be parts 5 and 6 in the diagram.

Azn,
I think you're not screwing the receiver extension tube in far enough.  I have the RRA 6-position stock and there is an extended lip on the lower forward edge of the tube.  Once the tube is screwed in far enough, that lip holds in the retainer and spring in the receiver, but still loose enough to allow the retainer to move.

I hope I interpreted your post correctly.

EDITED TO ADD:
Rats!  Edged out!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
What those guys said above. Sounds like your receiver extension (buffer tube) isn't screwed in far enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he is talking about  part 5 and 6 and yes you migfht not have it screwed in enough because you do need those
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice diagram....so the parts that I'm talking about are #9, the spring.  When I installed the collapsible stock, I did not replace this spring.  I'm not sure if I was supposed to.  The other part that is in question is #15...I thought that was the retainer buffer.  So I'm guessing that since I did not replace the #9 spring, the #15 part is no longer held in place by the #10 piece.  Originally the #15 piece would not come off the gun, but now I can pull it right out when separating upper from lower.  What's the diagnosis?  Thanks for the replies!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Azngunner, you simply need to reinstall the #9 spring after you reinsert # 15.. Once you do this the end plate which should have came with your stock goes over the back of the reciever and the castle nut is tightened behind this which holds it all together.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#9]
It sounds like you are missing this part:

The rear of your receivers should look like this:

That plate, when tightened down on by the castle nut should hold the #9 spring in place.

#15 is called the rear takedown pin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#10]
no, not missing the plate...I just didn't put the spring back in it's place.  I'll do this ASAP!  Thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I put the spring back and now and the rear takedown pin is working like it should.  Thanks for the help everybody!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top