Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:26:52 PM EDT
Well it seems there are a few problems with the AR pistol buffers and springs. Just trying to see the problem for what it is, it appears to be a spring problem? From what I can tell from pictures the spring seems to be a looser coil than a standard CAR spring. So could a standard CAR spring be used trimmed for size in the shorter buffer? This just seems like the obvious solution to me? Then again I may be totally off base? However I don't know maybe the "pistol spring" is just that a cut down standard spring?  

I have heard also of a Stubby stock buffer. Where can I get just the "buffer" without the stubby stock. Won't you then have to disable the thread ends so as not to accept the stubby stock? Can someone post a pic of this stubby stock, what threads are there on these?

More than anything I don't want to go through building an AR pistol that just doesn't work and is a pain in the ass to shoot all the time. Aside from any gas problems it just seems to be a spring issue, and there has to be a way to get this right, with a simple solution.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Wel unfortunately I am all ready knee deep in a standard project, so the olympic idea is out. However I know that there has to be a way to work out these problems, to get some measure of success and reliability. The stubby stock buffer tube sounds like one option to me, and disabling the threads as to not accept the stock. Sorry guys I just have a hard time at throwing in the towel and saying "it's no use, it'll never work".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top