Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 6:48:23 PM EDT
I've seen everything from   $34.95 to $100.00.  Some that are straight black plastic and others which have the ribs on them.  I figure you get what you pay for but what are the deals out  there? Which ones are descent and which ones should one absolutely avoid?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Pete of Legal Transfers, a dealer on this sight, has some of the best prices on fiberlite (ribbed) telestocks. They are the best buy IMO.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
RB Precision has a good deal on the RRA 6 position stock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
RRA carries two lines... the "fiberlite" or CAR stock (straight) and the M4 or "Tactical CAR" stocks.  The CAR stocks and M4 stocks are pretty much the same in reliability/quality..... given they are from the same/and/or/reputable manufacturer.  Its really a style difference... and the CAR stocks can be found for ~$20 cheaper.

That being said, there are "made in China" models of BOTH floating around.... and I wouldnt have one.  Someone gave me one and it was crap!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA and Bushmaster Tubes are not Mil spec (really they are NOT!)

So purchasing them negates the future use of either Colt, Crane/LMT or Vltor buttStocks! This simple FACT is rarely (if ever) posted on this site)!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
RRA and Bushmaster Tubes are not Mil spec (really they are NOT!)

So purchasing them negates the future use of either Colt, Crane/LMT or Vltor buttStocks! This simple FACT is rarely (if ever) posted on this site)!

Easily solved by what? Paying $34 for a new receiver extension? So it does not necessarily negate anything.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for Pete at Legal Transfers,

And using a RRA buttstock doesn't at all rule out use of another stock in the future.  You may however, have to purchase another buffer tube.  NO BIGGIE.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
This is true about the size difference but I wouldn't give Colt the time of day much less my business.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Go with a Magpul 93A!  I struggled with that for 3 weeks and when I finally ordered/received the 93A, I cancelled the 6-position stock I had on order and ordered a 2nd Magpum 93A.  You won't regret it!

www.magpul.com

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Aother vote here for Pete at legal tranfers and the 6 pos coll. RRA stocks
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
So your $100 Buttstock set-up (with shipping included) Plus the extra $35 + shipping for the CORRECT tube PLUS say a Vltor or LMT stock +shipping in the future ACTUALLY saves you money

Like I say......don't let the FACTS get in the way
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So your $100 Buttstock set-up (with shipping included) Plus the extra $35 for the CORRECT tube PLUS say a Vltor or LMT stock in the future ACTUALLY saves you money

Who said anything about saving money? If that is your plan then you are in the wrong hobby
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So your $100 Buttstock set-up (with shipping included) Plus the extra $35 for the CORRECT tube PLUS say a Vltor or LMT stock in the future ACTUALLY saves you money

Who said anything about saving money? If that is your plan then you are in the wrong hobby

Lame response!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So your $100 Buttstock set-up (with shipping included) Plus the extra $35 + shipping for the CORRECT tube PLUS say a Vltor or LMT stock +shipping in the future ACTUALLY saves you money

FACTS?  How about YOU get some straight?  The RRA M4 stock I just got from Eaglefirearms was $65 plus $4 shipping..... so thats $69 delivered... a far cry from your $100 "fact"

If I want to update to some fancy smancy stock in the future, then I will just BUY THE WHOLE STOCK... including the "correct" tube at that time... instead of wasting my money by taking apart one stock to retrofit another.  This way, I have two complete stocks... and I can either sell it to recoup costs... or put it on another rifle.  

Use your head man!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is another FACT for ya!

The VLTOR "spec" stock tube... straight from MSTN, is only $44.60 DELIVERED.

VLTOR 5-POSITION HARD-ANODIZED MILSPEC DIMENSION STOCK TUBES ARE IN STOCK. THEY HAVE THAT SNAZZY "VLTOR" LOGO. $44.60, VLTOR'S LOWEST ADVERTISED PRICE ALLOWED. FREE DELIVERY WITH STOCK PURCHASE.

You see... by purchasing the RRA stock today... IF (and thats a HUGE IF) I ever wanted a VLTOR stock later.... it would be CHEAPER to do it this way... and just order the "Colt spec" tube when I ordered the VLTOR stock....    I can EASILY sell my complete RRA 6 position stock for more than $44.60..... or keep it.  This way, I have options... instead of a bunch of worthless stock parts laying around.  

This simple FACT is rarely (if ever) posted on this site)!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here is another FACT for ya!

The VLTOR "spec" stock tube... straight from MSTN, is only $44.60 DELIVERED.

VLTOR 5-POSITION HARD-ANODIZED MILSPEC DIMENSION STOCK TUBES ARE IN STOCK. THEY HAVE THAT SNAZZY "VLTOR" LOGO. $44.60, VLTOR'S LOWEST ADVERTISED PRICE ALLOWED. FREE DELIVERY WITH STOCK PURCHASE.

You see... by purchasing the RRA stock today... IF (and thats a HUGE IF) I ever wanted a VLTOR stock later.... it would be CHEAPER to do it this way... and just order the "Colt spec" tube when I ordered the VLTOR stock....    I can EASILY sell my complete RRA 6 position stock for more than $44.60..... or keep it.  This way, I have options... instead of a bunch of worthless stock poarts laying around.

This simple FACT is rarely (if ever) posted on this site)!

OK!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
You caught me on a good day!  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top