Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 4:01:41 PM EDT
I gots to ask a question. whats up with the vertical forgrip. does it enhance handling or just give you a place to put your hand after you have  added a bunch of stuff to the handgaurd. what i want to know i guess is, if all your going to put on your AR is a red dot sight, will a vertical grip help anything? sorry if this is a stupid question.h.gif
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It helps reduce muzzle climb and also allows you to be able to grip your CAR handguards in conjunction with a flashlight or bipod where there is no room for a standard grip. It's especially useful in CQB situations where quick follow-up shots may be necessary. For a nice cheap one try the KAC. I got mine used for $25, which I think is a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, i wasnt sure if i wanted one or not, ill get one and try it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If you find your self using the mag well a lot as a point of hold, try a vert grip, it might grow on you! It did for me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one just to try it out, and now I love it.  I pretty much hate rifles that don't have one now.  After holding it all day it is a lot more comfortable too.  Normal handguards seem uncomfortable in comparison.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget it is better for weapon retention also.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks everyone who replied, ill defenatly get one
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top