Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:38:22 PM EDT
I just received my no ban Bushmaster M4 upper assembly. I've had my Bushmaster lower for years now and I really didn't notice the color difference with my post ban upper, until I sold it and put on my new upper. My lower receiver is slightly purple, like lots of BM's. I would like to have it re anodized by a professional company to a flat Bushmaster or RRA flat black. Who is the best place to have it done. I don't want to have it teflon coated. Please let me know.

thanks Billyxm15
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I emailed Bushmaster tech support a few days ago about the having a lower refinished.  Here is the response:

"Bushmaster does not usually refinish lower receivers as it interferes with new production.  We can do it for $60.00 plus $15.00 for return shipping. The process can take up to six weeks or more as we do not do piecework and it needs to go in with a batch to be done as they are not done in house.
            We usually refer people to; P.C. of Titusville, 701 Columbia Boulevard, Bldg. 401, Titusville, FL 32780 phone 321-267-1161 as they do the same Mil Spec finish that matches our receivers. They can usually do it much faster."

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, Billy
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I emailed Bushmaster tech support a few days ago about the having a lower refinished.  Here is the response:

"Bushmaster does not usually refinish lower receivers as it interferes with new production.  We can do it for $60.00 plus $15.00 for return shipping. The process can take up to six weeks or more as we do not do piecework and it needs to go in with a batch to be done as they are not done in house.
            We usually refer people to; P.C. of Titusville, 701 Columbia Boulevard, Bldg. 401, Titusville, FL 32780 phone 321-267-1161 as they do the same Mil Spec finish that matches our receivers. They can usually do it much faster."

Hope that helps.

I had mine done by them (Bushmaster)  it  took about a month, and came back perfect.. That was last year back in the preban postban BS.. Do what David says.. Buy a new lower..

John
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have your wiped down the lower with CLP to see if it turns black?  Every lower I have seen new looks kinda grey, and when wiped down with CLP they get a nice black color.

Yep.. looks damn sexy... Kinda freaked me out at first when I opened the box.. Chalky dark grey color at first.. Reminiscent of old Colt grey.. Wipe it down though, black as night..
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Try

www.lightmetalscoloring.com/

These guys do the coloring on RRA and Bushy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top