Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 1:12:08 PM EDT
I've just received (birthday) the Yankee Hill 2 piece forearm for my Bushmaster M4 clone.
Does anyone know if the Knights rail covers fit it, and would the 5.48 inches be the correct length?
These are good days everyone!  hanks,
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they will fit but they will not latch in the front, only in the back. The full length KAC rail panels is what will fit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I might add they will actually latch all the way up the handguards except the very front (due to the sling swivil points on it.) Just slide them on backwards and it will be OK.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
DM175
Thanks, but if they won't connect at both ends, is this a problem being loose, or come off?

I see your past Army?  I was 101st and 10th SF group way back in late 70's  --
oh well, we all get old.[
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
They only connect at one end anyway. I used them on mine till I converted to the Magpuls. 10 SFG huh? cool... I am currently in the Army(Past Marine), just a leg though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
DM1975

Do you think the Magpuls are the better set?  --and thanks for your info.

Yes, 10th SFG at Devins, 11F4S, 8 years, loved it, before the 18 series.  Beleive me, I think todays soldiers are better trained and more physicaly fit than we were, but I think we had a little more disipline*.
(*I can set up a safe house, but never learned to spell !)  Any way take care in your profession.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to eyeball line up the last notch of the rail you want to put the cover on and apply gentle, upward pressure on the underside of the latch, like this:

I had very good success on getting KAC rail covers to lock in using this technique.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
KAC intended the left and right panels to have the clips at the rear end anyway.  the bottom should be up front.  the top one...

I have a few magpul panels and ladders and the panels are nice.  the ladders are nice to have for protecting rails in front of and behind an optics mount/rings.  

I do have a YHM carbine length FF by the way.  The tango down vertical foregrips require a little trimming- the diameter of the YHM tubes are larger and therefore the pic rails are not as tall and sit too close to the tube itself.  

if it were me, i'd get the magpul panels for comfort and ease of use but i'd get the KACs for the military 'look."  They really stand out on a rifle while the maqpuls aren't as noticable.  One other word of advice- don't get the short bushmaster panels.  yuck
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
KAC intended the left and right panels to have the clips at the rear end anyway.  the bottom should be up front.  the top one...

If you look at any KAC rail system, the slot nearest the receiver and the slot furthest away from the receiver, basically the slot on either end of the rail system are "cut out" to accept the rail locks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Mongo, I think your first post was missing the point. You can NOT get the panels to lock (flush) at the front of the 2 piece YHM rails, there is not cuts for it.

Also, I like both the KAC and Magpul XT panels but the Magpuls feel better to me, I dont care that much about the military look as I have to see that shit every day anyway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mongo, I think your first post was missing the point. You can NOT get the panels to lock (flush) at the front of the 2 piece YHM rails, there is not cuts for it.

Also, I like both the KAC and Magpul XT panels but the Magpuls feel better to me, I dont care that much about the military look as I have to see that shit every day anyway.

I was locking them front and back.  I had a panel, FVG and a panel on the lower rail, with both panels locked using the technique shown above.  Obviously, YMMV.

Here:

And here:

And here on a 20" version:

And here, but on this one I was able to lock the forward panel with the lock in the middle of the rail vs. the end:
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah, mine fit with the clip forward as opposed to rearward.  my sides are forward, bottom is forward as well.  i did have problems at first with a few of the KAC panels i had (8 total of different sizes) and now the left side and bottoms snap in and out with no hang-ups.  the other takes a little wiggling with a punch or similar tool and i have to be sure it's lined up before i go prying.  there are no marks on my tube caused by the clips either.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top