Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 8:22:13 AM EDT
I bought one a year or two ago, and was wondering what is the diff. in this AR and a pre/no ban rifle? Is it just :  collapsible stock, flash hider, and bayonet lug? I(I already installed a collapsible stock)

I don't care about bayo lug or a flash fider.  Other than that are they about the same?

Is my rifle chrome lined or not, I can't tell.

Is it a good rifle, or would I be better off with another ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]

I don't care about bayo lug or a flash fider. Other than that are they about the same?

Yes.

Is my rifle chrome lined or not, I can't tell

Yes, chamber and bore are fully chrome lined.

Are you better off with another? Only if you want something else. The Colt MT6400 is the best of the breed of civilian "M4's". Buying any other M4 would be a step down in quality.

HTH,
Brewer
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,  thats just what I wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, Great choice, I too bought one about a year ago!

Aside from the obvous things already mentioned, the new colt AR's have a sear block machined into the receiver, so that it would take a lot of work to ever convert it to full auto; earlier colt AR15s do not have the sear block or bushmasters, etc.

Now that the AWb is gone aren't you glad that you didn't pay that idiot on gunbroker 2k for his preban m4 with a collapsible stock!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Bgunner,

Did you have any problems removing the fixed stock? Was it staked in place or was it as simple as unscrewing the receiver extension nut?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It was staked. I tried drilling out the indented spots, but had no luck(broke cheap stock tool), so I used a dremmel with a cut-off wheel and cut clear through the "castle nut"    When you cut through it, you will hear ir pop loose, then you can turn it by hand.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I got one too. I like it bone-stock but was wondering about the collapsible
stock replacement. Thanks for the info.

Sure is durable, the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one too. With the exception of the bayonett lug its now a no ban AR.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top