Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 5:37:16 AM EDT
Hi! My first post here.

I got a new Bushmaster  M4 style carbine before the ban expired and am having fun buying the accessories for it thanks to a lot of help with information from this forum. A GREAT place for info!

Question: How tight should the fit up be between the upper and lower receiver? Mine has a very slight wobble and it has been nearly two decades since my Army Guard Mechanized Infantry days to remember how a "typical" M-16 fits together. I know generally military style weapons have tolerances built in for the abusive environment they see. Is a little wobble normal?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Even my match HBAR wobbles a little.  It is not a problem, the sights are affixed to the barrel, not the lower receiver.   It's alarming but harmless to accuracy or functioning.  Ops
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Accuwedge will fix that.  I had a very slight wobble at the range and my buddy handed me one of those to install, and let me tell you, it is tight now!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Accuwedge will fix that.  I had a very slight wobble at the range and my buddy handed me one of those to install, and let me tell you, it is tight now!!!

+1

This is an inherent problem in the AR design and the accuwedge was specifically made to address this problem.

You can get one for $2 at RGUNS here
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
you can go accuwedge.  that's true.  but a dab of epoxy on the rear lug of the upper will do the same thing and you won't loose it when cleaning your rifle.
i don't have to tell you to let it dry before assembling the upper and lower and use a file to remove the excess.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top