Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 2:45:15 PM EDT
I just wanted some opinions on the Bushmaster Type 97 Pistol. I’m seriously considering buying this but have been reading mixed reviews, on the few sites I’ve found, that actually give first hand knowledge of it. I know how most of you feel about an AR pistol – like tits on a bull. heThank y’all for you opinions!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you seen their new ones, it is not even on their website yet. I saw one it was like a type 97S rifle but in pistol version with only a 7 or 8 inch barrel. I am getting one ASAP (well when the prices stabilize) saw it at the a local gunshow for $795 which I think was too much. But it looks great with with full length sight rail and handguard.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I THINK that’s the one I’m looking at – part # AZ-C15P97?
The write up they have the link posted to from gunblast.com seemed pretty positive (like bushmaster would post a link to someone trashing it). I was just hoping to get some varied opinions. I saw this one for sale for about $650 online the other day and almost bought it but figured I’d do more research. The thread where everyone is arguing/discussing Carbon 15 has been interesting. I don’t plan on butt stroking someone in the head in combat with it, so I’m not as concerned with the Carbon 15 issue but on the same note, I don’t want to deal with a cheaply made weapon that mis-feeds due to crappy parts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Ronin556

The new pistol with the rail and irons.......Where can I see one of these....I may have partial wood
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!  I just looked at a picture of them on GunBroker and Auction Arms.  Man they look sweet.  The full length oval shaped hand guard and the full length picatinny rail with A2 sights makes this bad assed compared to the previous models.  The adds say the muzzle brake which looks the same as the older models is threaded and not that coupler design.  It is hard to tell from the picture but if it is true I am going to put my paperwork in now for a Noise Suppressor.  A "can" is about the only accessory this thing needs.

Just my .02
MadDog
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow...I just looked on Gunbroker...thanks for the idea.

That is awesome...need that for my SBR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
HK_DUDE -

I believe both the standard stock and short stock made for the Carbon 15 97S will fit on the new pistol making it a way cool SBR.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Now that they have put a hand guard over the bbl. (I assume they now can because of the AWB sunset) can you put a small vert grip on the hand guard?  Anyone know?

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Vertical grip on a pistol is illegal, you would have to make it an A.O.W.

Good info on the stock...thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The model number is AZ-C15-21S. The type 97 pistol is completely different. Go to gunsameria.com and type carbon 15 pistol and there should be a pic OR try galleryofguns.com and look under bushmaster as well.

So far in colorado I have found it for $699.95 and $750, will likely buy it this weekend.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top