Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 6:44:35 AM EDT
Okay time to flex a little muscle and let the #1 search engine we do not like being discriminated against.  I am a webmaster for a Mom and Pop type gun manufacturer and yesterday I paid to have click ads placed on Google to help their web presence.  Well they had no problem taking my clients money but they kicked us off their search engines because our keywords describing our product included the no words Assult Rifle (all together now Bad Bad Bad us - slap our hand now).  Gerrr I am so furious with Google I can hardly type.

My clients product is a lower receiver that makes AR 15's legal in California (no small task mind you).  Please help me by writing Google a letter of displeasure (they swear that they listen to their customers) and please click on my clients website to help their web presence for free!

If you feel like ranting with me please click here:  services.google.com/ads_inquiry/en

The company's name is ShoeLess Ventures, their website is www.fabten.com.

www.fabten.com click on this link at the very least :)

Thanks!!   Patty McNary
http://http://www.fabten.com/fullrifleclear.gif
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi Patty,

My (rhetorical) question for you is, "does your client listen to its customers?" If so, would you be so kind as to pass the following suggestion along to them?

"It would be in your best interests to change the stamping/markings on the lowers that you manufacture. It is bad enough that California prohibits the manufacture of REAL AR-15s, but those markings (which look like a child scralled across your lowers with an etching pen) adds insult to injury. Granted, the way a logo is stamped is a silly cosmetic thing, but you would be amazed how many of my fellow AR-15 enthusuasts have singled out YOUR lowers as the ugliest ones in existence. We pride our purchases in terms of fit and finish, and "presentation" (including HOW you stamp your logo) all factors into the finish aspect."

Thanks!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Okay time to flex a little muscle and let the #1 search engine we do not like being discriminated against.  I am a webmaster for a Mom and Pop type gun manufacturer and yesterday I paid to have click ads placed on Google to help their web presence.  Well they had no problem taking my clients money but they kicked us off their search engines because our keywords describing our product included the no words Assult Rifle (all together now Bad Bad Bad us - slap our hand now).  Gerrr I am so furious with Google I can hardly type.

My clients product is a lower receiver that makes AR 15's legal in California (no small task mind you).  Please help me by writing Google a letter of displeasure (they swear that they listen to their customers) and please click on my clients website to help their web presence for free!

If you feel like ranting with me please click here:  services.google.com/ads_inquiry/en

The company's name is ShoeLess Ventures, their website is www.fabten.com.

www.fabten.com click on this link at the very least :)

Thanks!!   Patty McNary
www.fabten.com/fullrifleclear.gif

I have four FAB's, including a Shoeless Ventures, and I appreciate them being in business!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I sell Ruger 10/22 Parts and Accessories and they did the same thing to me.  I think they never took any of my money (cancelled charges).  The reason was refused was that I sell Firearms and/or Ammo - which I do not sell.  I sell just the parts to upgrade a Ruger 10/22 (no receivers or FFL needed to purchase parts).
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your business!  That's awesome.  I'm sorry I posted a forum yesterday and then spilt.  I had to take my dog to the vet :(  

Patty
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking that I could just re write my client's keywords to excluse assault weapon or assault rifle since they only manufacture the bare lower receiver which as a weapon alone is not much better than a rock but it really irks me that the Brady bunch (no pun intended against Marsha and her siblings) have taken our country this far!  

Best wishes and thanks for all the support!  Pattywww.fabten.com
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top