Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:52:48 PM EDT
OK, went to Academy today.  Noticed they had an AR behind the counter.  Huh?  I was impressed that it was present, so I asked to check it out.  Was told by the 'associate' that I didn't want that gun, as the 'clips' were extremely expensive......around 50 bucks a pop.   OK, so I held my tongue, anyone can be misinformed, or not up with the times.  I really went in to check out a Glock 22.  Academy has 20% off on all handguns, and one can get a G22 for 395 bucks new.  Well, he handed me the pistol and told me that I didn't want that one, as its 'clips' cost 89 bucks each!!  Couldn't hold it in any more.  I told him that I had just left a dealer (not too far away) who is selling used LEO G22 mags for 12 bucks a pop.  I could get all I wanted.  Of course he then said that I wasn't a cop.....well, a month ago that would matter, now it doesn't.  I informed him of that and got a disgruntled mumble.  Then informed him that I could get AR mags all day long for 17 NIW, and starting to see some for 12.  

GGrrrr.   I said I was going to bite my tongue, but it just slipped out.  Apperently 2 of the other employees behnd the counter had had enough of this gentleman already as they were smiling and giving me the high 5 sign behind his back.

I just grinned and walked out.  I probably will go back and get the Glock though.  See if I can ruffle his feathers a bit more.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just curious, but what, in his opinion, did you want to buy?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
There's always one, always.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats he been living in a bomb shelter with no radio,tv or news papers or maybe its like the movie ground hog day except every day is september 12th for this guy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yet more proof that you should [almost] never listen to someone who is selling you something.  I shop at Academy frequently, run in t the same crap.  I've been waiting for them to get CZs with hicaps in the package.  How long is this sale on?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Southern Raider,

That was my feeling also.  He wasn't trying to sell me anything very hard.  Probably would have sole me a bolt action Remington 700 or similar.

Sale has been going on here for at least 6 months.  Didn't have any indication that it was going to end soon, but you never know.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Academy had an AR?  Did you find out who made it or how much they wanted for it?  I`ve never seen one in the FTW Academy`s.  DAVE
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I was at the Academy on Bryant Irvin in FW and they had 2 Bushmasters.  One was an M4gery (14.5" barrell) and another that had camo HG and stock.  The M4gery was 795.  I was suprised to see it there too.  Asked the old man who it was made by and he went on to say that it's the first time m16's have been available to buy, that they were the first to have them, etc, etc...  I laughed, shook my head, and went about getting what I had originally came for.  Sometimes it's easier to grin and bear it rather than try to educate someone on the facts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to have to side with the sales associate on this one.  I decided I didn't like AR's any more after I got a bad case of AR thumb shoving a clip into one.  And if you do a dilligent search, you can still find the clips for $50.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
They're Bushies, all "post ban" styles.  At least the ones at my academy are.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top