Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:51:52 PM EDT
These things seem to run the gamut in terms of price.  Is there anything to be said for the more expensive versions?  I'm thinking of going with a 9.0 Troy MRF and will therefore need something that will fit underneath.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
is this thing on?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If you already have an A2 front site base, have it trimmed. I hear that some are lighter, but I wouldn't think its worth the money on a conversion. Costs a lot of money to have it switched out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The KAC and PRI gas low-pro gas blocks use two set screws up from the bottom to fix it in place.  With a dimple cut in the barrel to prevent movement under heat, these should be solid enough.  They aren't really load-bearing anyway.

If your barrel already has the pin holes cut, just grind down an A2 FSB.

-z
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I'm using an LMT 16" M4 complete upper, so the FSB is already installed on the barrel.  I didn't really see any reason why I couldn't just cut the thing down, but thought I'd ask.

Anyone know if there's a clearance issue with a cut down FSB and the MRF?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top