Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2004 3:35:20 PM EDT
Please tell me is LMT better than Bushmaster and please explain? I know that I am not going to support colt and pay out of my butt for a LE6920.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I posted to you before about LMT; as I said before, LMT is better than Bushmaster.

Bushmaster offers very good parts, but at a very high price; you pay for the nice little snake on the lower.  

They offer:

4150 steel barrels
Chrome lined bores/chambers
Very high quality machining
Very good customer service (from what I have heard).

LMT is not a well known company in the AR community, therefore their prices tend to be less. They are the behind the seens manufacturer that produces the best.  As they and their dealers advertise, they supply the Speacial Forces.

LMT offers:

4150 steel barrels.
Chromed bores/chambers.
The best machining of any manufacturer; extremely high quality fit, finish, reliability, and tolerances.
I haven't had an encounter with their customer service, but from what I have heard it is excellent.
They offer M4 feed ramps, which increase reliability.
T-Markings, which serve no purpose but to be attractive (also represent good machining).
A good price for the quality you receive.

My $0.02

Mac

Edit to add:  If you sit down and compare the two, you will notice the step higher that LMT offers.

Edit to add again:

That is the LMT MRP, which is $1200.  The M4 runs about $485.  The MRP has LMT's speacial rails.  Just some pics to show you the quality of LMT.

I found these at a recommended site, www.militarymorons.com/weapons/weapons.1.html
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
if i'm not mistaken, LMT costs more than BM
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If you figure $575 for a Bushmaster upper with bolt/carrier compared to the $485 for an LMT with RRA M4 handguards at bravocompanyusa.com, toss in a $95 bolt/carrier from eaglefirearms.net, you end up with $580.  I guess LMT would be a little more $$$.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Please tell me is LMT better than Bushmaster and please explain? I know that I am not going to support colt and pay out of my butt for a LE6920.

Both are terrific

and before you blast Colt on price, I paid less for my Colt 6920 than BM (web site)  is advertising their M4gery model, and I paid $250 more than some have advertised the LE6920, NIB.

Look around this site and its Industry section and EE-equipment exchange-

Good rifles- including Bushmaster, LMT, Colt and others- are plentiful
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Before spending your hard earned money on a "Jam o magic" LMT, these are words from actual LMT upper owners.

Keep an open mind about other builders.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you figure $575 for a Bushmaster upper with bolt/carrier compared to the $485 for an LMT with RRA M4 handguards at bravocompanyusa.com, toss in a $95 bolt/carrier from eaglefirearms.net, you end up with $580.  I guess LMT would be a little more $$$.  

That isnt a fair comparison.  You're putting RRA parts into an LMT upper.  Now add the LMT bolt/carrier and it'll be better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Before spending your hard earned money on a "Jam o magic" LMT, these are words from actual LMT upper owners.

Could you elaborate futher? I wasn't all that stoked when I got my LMT and found out it shot 3 inches right at 25 yards, at mechanical 0 windage.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude, military moron is gonna shit when he sees all that bandwidth get used.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's not hosted at MM.com.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not hosted at MM.com.

Oh, OK.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#11]
From reports both companies let a bad one get through now and then.  LMT offers more of the options hardcorp milspec AR buyers want while Bushmaster is less expensive and often has higher quality.  My current carbine is a hand built all Bushmaster carbine and my next will be a hand built all LMT rifle.

Bushmaster lacks the following:

M4 feed ramps ( never had a malfunction without the feed ramps)
proper F marked front sight base (I am having this installed for a minimal amount)
not parked under the front sight base (I am having this done when I put the new FSB on)
T markings on upper (useless)
No Heavy buffer (easily replaced)
I had to special order my 1/7 twist Bushmaster barrel and M16 carrier

I have heard LMT does not park under the FSB either and only Colt does this however LMT has all the other spec parts.  LMT did not exist as a civilian supplier when I started on my rifle.  I also had the ban to deal with and Bushmaster was the best choice then.  If I was starting from scratch right now I would probably go LMT even for the extra money so I would not have to have all the extra work done.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
When you say 'milspec' what do you mean exactly?

I ask that because they didn't seem to be familiar with what the milspec was for excessive windage. I also doubt they are in possession of the Technical Data Package for the M4.

I wasn't all that thrilled about buying a new upper, only to have to RGA it right away. However, to their credit, they are going to make good on it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]

I wasn't all that stoked when I got my LMT and found out it shot 3 inches right at 25 yards, at mechanical 0 windage.

I put an LMT 16" upper with LMT bolt assembly, LMT BUIS,  and an Ace stock on a BM lower.  It shot high and right at 50 yards.  I had to click the rear sight left a notch, and I clicked the front sight down two notches.  Now I have touching holes in the red.  (I know that isn't "standard" zeroing; I just wanted to see what it could do and that range only had 50/100 yard targets.  Will re-zero properly when I can.)

Is that amount of sight adjustment normal for an AR?

I had feeding problems with stripping the first round from the mag, but that turned out to be a cheap-crap Model 1 Sales buffer spring.  I replaced it and the buffer with BM parts and all is golden.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Is that amount of sight adjustment normal for an AR?

Well, if you only went one click on windage, jeah that's GTG. I had to go something like 22 left at 25 yards.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#15]
T markings are only useless if you leave your accessories permanently mounted (probably most civilians).
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Well, if you only went one click on windage, jeah that's GTG. I had to go something like 22 left at 25 yards

It was one notch marking on the rear sight..several clicks, not sure how many.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Could you elaborate futher? I wasn't all that stoked when I got my LMT and found out it shot 3 inches right at 25 yards, at mechanical 0 windage.

A few people on here have had serious issues with LMT uppers, having to send them back due to cycling problems, failure to extract, etc.

I know not from personal experience but of others that I know who purchased them and have had nothing but trouble with them, I cannot justify spending that much money for a LMT upper.

3 inches right at 25 yards, at mechanical 0 windage.?

Sounds like someone did not zero it at the factory

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy an older Bushmaster with an L prefix serial number and you will have an LMT lower. New Bushmaster CM prefix lowers come from CMT.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
THe BM lower I ordered about 2 weeks before the ban ended is prefixed L.

Of course I lost it while boating
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Buy an older Bushmaster with an L prefix serial number and you will have an LMT lower. New Bushmaster CM prefix lowers come from CMT.

really? that means my M4 is all LMT
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
T markings are only useless if you leave your accessories permanently mounted (probably most civilians).

You don't know where the top of your rifle is?  They might help ever so slightly if you unmount and remount a lot in the field, but it's nothing someone familar with their weapon needs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You don't know where the top of your rifle is?  

Thats the funniest thing I have read all day...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
You can't mix LMT and RRA parts and then say that LMT is cheaper than Bushmaster
I've heard more complaints about LMT uppers not funtioning properly than I have ever heard about Bushmaster uppers.  I'll stick to what I know works and what I know I've never had any malfunction or quality issues, Bushmaster, Colt, RRA.........Seams pretty clear  to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Get both...

-sc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top