Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2004 8:32:16 AM EDT
Do they all have
"RESTRICTED MILITARY/GOVERNMENT LAW ENFORCEMENT/EXPORT USE ONLY"?

I have also seen one that says
"RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY"

Is the second one here legit, or a forgeory?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Forgery of an LE Only rifle?

Where do these guys come from???

Why the hell would someone forge an LE Only rifle?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
So, you are saying it is a fake?  It is on auctionarms right now.  It's a NIB DPMS .223 rifle.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Forgery of an LE Only rifle?

Where do these guys come from???

Why the hell would someone forge an LE Only rifle?

Said it before, I'll say it again...

GEEK FACTOR

Shit, if you're going to be forging something, forge something useful like a RR with matching paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#6]
"Stop or I'll shoot!"

"Stop or I'll shoot your dog!" [Just kidding on this one my LEO friends, but couldn't resist]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#7]
This is stamped on my Colt, and it's no forgery.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is stamped on my Colt, and it's no forgery.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/arjohnson/Colt6920004.jpg

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

lol just kidding!  (I have the same lower).
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#9]
My Bushy I had when I was an LEO said "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY" there was nothing about export anything on them. We bought them new directly from Bushmaster also so if it was a forgery it was forged by Bushmaster

ETA: Hey, post 914... My old unit number when I was a cop, cool...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Who cares?  I have LEO/GOV lowers and they don't mean anything anymore!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So, you are saying it is a fake?  It is on auctionarms right now.  It's a NIB DPMS .223 rifle.

Do yourself a favor and stay off of auctionarms (I would also stay away from DPMS). There are plenty of reputable dealers on here that will sell you a BM, LMT or Colt...

C4

nweddle,
the post above is offered by a highly respected firearms/firearms accessory vendor and expert on the subject.

I would encourage you to consider his advice.

And for the record,

Welcome to ARFCOM, and do not hesitate to ask questions about things.

Most do, and there are plenty of members, users and industry experts here that will give you the straight scoop.

enjoy your new rifle when the day comes!

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Because man, it's COOL to have a gun that could needlessly stick you in the pokey for a weekend until the DA got the Federal laws figured out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the responses and the welcome.  

After a little bit of research, it appears that there is not a single standard LEO mark.  Colt has the first one I mentioned, and Bushmaster and DPMS have the shorter version I mention above.

So it appears that the DPMS on AA is not fake.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#14]
When I need mine, I want it to say BANG!

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because man, it's COOL to have a gun that could needlessly stick you in the pokey for a weekend until the DA got the Federal laws figured out.

I know I am waisting my breath with this but a local LEO could not and can not even arrest for such a thing, even WHEN the ban was in place. Any LEO with even the smallest ammount of training (fresh out of the academy) would or I should say SHOULD know that they can only enforce the laws that they were taught to enforce in the first place. The chances of a local LEO even thinking twice about your rifle is slim to none.

When I first got out of the USMC, before I went to the academy I put my Chinese AK in my gun rack in my pickup to try to see if the local cops would pull me over and they never even flinched. I got stopped by a game warden one night while checking live traps and he saw my AK in my truck and just said "cool, I have not seen one of these since Nam" At no time was I even asked if it was pre or post ban or even checked to see if it was an illegal full auto or anything. I even got in a wreck in down town Waco and had my AK in the truck and the cop working the accadent just said "wow, cool rifle". Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#16]
LEO AR15's.....everything you need to know:

Why LEO Lowers are SOOOO desirable

Just callin it how I see it

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#17]
If I had my choice between two identical rifles for the same price and one had the markings and the otherone did not, I still would not want the one with the markings on the side, just cause I think it looks gaudy... Plus, I had one when I WAS a cop and it just did not shoot any better with the markings so WGAF?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Face towards enemy
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#19]
LEO rifles should say something like Colt, Bushmaster, or Rock River Arms on the side and should avoid saying things like Hesse, Vulcan, American Spirit, etc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
LEO rifles should say something like Colt, Bushmaster, or Rock River Arms on the side and should avoid saying things like Hesse, Vulcan, American Spirit, etc.

LOL
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#21]
"He's got a gun!"

I know scrum beat me to it, but I had to say it!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top