Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2004 12:59:59 AM EDT
what is the difference between a m4 car and a car both 16"?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking a M4 vs. a CAR. Well the barrel is turned down between the hand guard and front site, it's turned down under the front hand guard and the front hand guard is different. I guess in the end it results in a slightly lighter rifle. Plus...it's the latest rage, everybody wants one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
the reason i ask is because model1sales has both m4 car kits and car kits.  i could see the difference in barrels, but if i wanted one with a free float barrel the handguards wouldn't really matter.  thanks ;)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you want a M4 or CAR free floater?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

it is just personal, i like the feel and looks of them.  is there a downside?  any disadvantages?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it is just personal, i like the feel and looks of them.  is there a downside?  any disadvantages?  

Not any downsides that I'm aware of. Just wondering if you wanted it because people talk about them. They do look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not any downsides that I'm aware of. Just wondering if you wanted it because people talk about them. They do look pretty cool.

what do they say?  i wasn't aware they were talked about.  good/bad?  i am under the impression that the free float barrel setup is more accurate, but if we are talking about a 16" barrel at only 100yds, i would assume that it won't make a difference.  or am i totally off on this?

thanks for the info ;)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A free-floating BBL using the aluminum handguards, will heat up real fast when you rapid fire. Even, so fire, the handguard heats up quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A free-floating BBL using the aluminum handguards, will heat up real fast when you rapid fire. Even, so fire, the handguard heats up quite a bit.

didn't even think of that...thanks :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what do they say?  i wasn't aware they were talked about.  good/bad?  i am under the impression that the free float barrel setup is more accurate, but if we are talking about a 16" barrel at only 100yds, i would assume that it won't make a difference.  or am i totally off on this?

thanks for the info ;)

I've just heard about accuracy benefits with free floating that I wouldn't think would even be noticed with a 16 barrel or better yet from someone like me that shoots a lot worse than their rifle is capable of doing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top