Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 10:44:54 PM EDT

Ok I really didn't think much about getting another till I started getting into this GB. It don't help my sickness much when you guys post all these good deals on here. I could have swore for the last 5 years I was not going to get another mouse gun. But what the hell? I figured I better help piss off a few liberals with you.  And it will be cheaper shooting than the 308 cal. FAL. But if the SHTF come to my house these will be the first I hand out.

These are both M1S kits on LAR Grizzly lowers. I put the 7 1/2" pistol together first, it took me 30 min to build the lower. And I have never put one together before. The SS fluted carbine took about 15 min. The trigger pulls are over 12lbs on both and feel creepy. My AKU94 has a better trigger pull. And thats just sad. So I need to find something to do with these triggers.

The car stock rattles and pulls whiskers out of my beard!! And I have not shot it yet. So I'm thinking of just getting a standard stock. Unless some one that has a beard, can tell me if there's a car stock that "doesn't pull hair". And which one does not rattle. Years ago I bought one of those Bushy Bullpups. The fist time I shot it, it was pulling whiskers hard. So I sold it at the very next fun show.

The pistol has some receiver play between the upper and lower. But I don't think it will bother me much. The CAR is as tight and a six teen year old virgin.

I like the feel of the pistol. I have played alot of paint ball in the past. And it feels alot like a paint ball gun. And I took out a shit load of playerspaint ball-in. So this thing just feels supper natural.

So what do you think?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, both of 'em. You really oughta slap a set of back-up irons on that rifle, though. hey, what the hell; it gives you an excuse to further "accessorize" it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I woulda put the eotech on the pistol.  That would be uberfun.

Nice builds though!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Just get an ACE M4 stock.  No wobble there
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]
what brand stock are you using?  I used a Colt collapsible stock on my AR for years and never had any trouble with rattling or pulling of hair, I've since gone to the Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be putting back-up irons on at a latter date.

The pistol has a cheap S&W red dot site. I like the lower profile and it works good.

The stock is a fiber Light that came with the kit. I have and A2 on the way to replace it. In the future if I find a CAR stock that I like I may get one.

Now I need to do some searching to see if I can find a good way to do a trigger job. If you know of a proven method let me know. I'm going to buy some stones from Brownells. And start stoning on them. I have done it to my fal and lowered the trigger pull by 4lbs.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top