Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:09:46 PM EDT
I am looking at buy an AR.. Who should I consider & why & more importantly who should I avoid & why.  So far I have looked at Bushmaster, rock river, olympic arms & armalite.. An help is greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, Rock River Arms...

I like my DPMS 24" and it has served me well.  Some will say to stay away because of a few features the lack, but can be requested.  Not the most reliable.  My LMT uppered rifle is probably better than any of the others.

Get Bushmaster.  I don't support Colt as of right now for their lack of support for the civilian community.

All are good rifles.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't own one, but heard nothing but great things about Rock River.
Have a Bush Master upper I'm very pleased with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
BUSHMASTER

check out rra or armalite

avoid hesse.

be warry of dpms and olympic--have some good stuff, some questionable stuff
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
hey, does anybody know what the going price is for Colt LE6920 brand new? They are $1099.00 where I live, is that a good price?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes Mattdawg, it is a good price, and if you are in the market for a great rifle, buy it!

and to MrSIG9mm226- this is THE rifle for you- and a good price to boot.

Oh, and to both of you- Welcome to the site!

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks man thats what I needed to hear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hey, does anybody know what the going price is for Colt LE6920 brand new? They are $1099.00 where I live, is that a good price?

Hey!  What part of GA are you in?  Come check out the Hometown Forum here or, better yet, come shoot with us sometime!  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
any thoughts on cav arms ar 15
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top