Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 11:49:05 AM EDT
I just bought a DPMS 6-position collapsible buttstock from CTD.

It didn't have the buffer weight thing in it, just a spring. I asked the guy behind the counter, and we discussed it for awhile, and he said that they'd been using them that way for a while to convert rifles and said he hadn't had a problem.

Seems like it would cause a problem to me. Am I gonna break something if I use this?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm, that thing is the buffer.  There's no way in the world your rifle will function properly without it.  I would take it right back and get a replacement.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought. Think I could just get 'em to order me a buffer?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's what I thought. Think I could just get 'em to order me a buffer?

If that's what you want to do, just make sure you get the collapsible-length buffer.  It's significantly smaller than the normal A2 buffer.  Out of curiosity, what did you pay for the stock without the buffer?  I guess if it was cheap enough, you could go buy a buffer on your own and still come out ahead.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
99 dollars. I just contacted Bushmaster about procuring just the CAR buffer.

I feel dumb.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
CTD really ripped you off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Return it to CTD, they screwed you.  I got one from www.rbprecision.com that was made by Rock River and also a lot cheaper than the one you got from CTD.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Return it to CTD, they screwed you.  I got one from www.rbprecision.com that was made by Rock River and also a lot cheaper than the one you got from CTD.  

+1  

Mine came from them as well at far less than $99.00, and they gave me all the parts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
99 dollars. I just contacted Bushmaster about procuring just the CAR buffer.

I feel dumb.

You got reamed dude. Take it back to CTD and buy one for a reasonable price. $99 is insane.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Once I took it out of the packaging, I realized my fatal error:

The buffer was in backwards, deep inside the buffer tube.

Once again, I feel dumb.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought my RRA 6pos go-go-gadget stock from the EE here for $55 shipped.  Thank you Corwin1968
Just so you know. Never NEVER shoot the rifle without the buffer in the tube, the bolt/carrier will slam back into the rear area of the lower reciever and from what I've read, destroy it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry also forgot. You definately got ripped. I'd return it. They are available new (RRA) for $65 or so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like you got everything squared away. I think someone at Bushmaster was confused b/c the whole stock runs $99.95. The buffer itself should be around $9-12. Either way, still overpriced for what you can get on the EE.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top