Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 11:00:44 PM EDT
Hello all,

I just want to start off saying that this is a great site.  I've been lurking here for months and have learned an amazing amount about numerous types of firearms.  Thanks.

I've been reading the SBR FAQ and I'm interested in building one.  My question is a simple one:  can I build an SBR on a new lower receiver provided that I get all the necessary registration with the ATF / CLEO?

It's my understanding that once I get clearance with the ATF, FBI, and CLEO then all I have to do is mark the lower receiver.  The lower doesn't have to come from any specific time-period (as it would if this were an MG build).  Then I can purchase the SBR upper.  Is this correct?  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a lower. New is fine. Send in your Form 1. When you get it back you are OK to put a short upper on it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Any lower from any time period.  Once the form 1 comes back you can get the short upper.  If you get the upper before you get the form 1 back Do Not Store it with the lower or any other AR's.  

When I get to work I will post some more info as I am SBR'ing a RRA lower now.  Odds are I will get the upper before the form 1 comes back but it will be stored at my parents house, No AR's at there house.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top