Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 3:41:18 PM EDT
I decided I wanted another AR15 recently since I only have one (Model 1 16", purchased in '99), and since the AWB expiration was coming up I went ahead and ordered preban stuff (before the big rush woo hoo!).  It's not completely done but I figured I might as well post a pic of it so far.

A3 upper with T numbers, LMT bolt assembly, and MI rear site from Bravo Company, 16" M4 profile barrel from Bushmaster with Phantom FS, and 6 pos stock from Bushy.  I just put the parts on an existing lower and used an existing handguard set.  I should be replacing the handguards with some railed ones along with a new lower sometime in the future, and maybe some optics...  I took it to an indoor range the other day and blasted a couple 30 round mags through it just to make sure it all works (it did!!!).  

This was my first ever real "build".  Until now I had never seen an actual bare upper receiver, and I was afraid to mess with the barrel, gas tube, etc. on my existing upper.  After building this one, I disassembled and reassembled my old upper just for fun!  I have a feeling I overtorqued the barrel hey, live and learn.

Some of you might remember this picture from my post about the vice my neighbor gave me:

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
How's the Finnish on it, funny man.  It looks pretty good from here.  You won't regret the rail system decision.  Good job on the build.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How's the Finnish on it, funny man.  It looks pretty good from here.  You won't regret the rail system decision.  Good job on the build.

I beat the Finnish out of it first!! It is 100% American now! Oh yeah, my only existing AR was an A2 upper, so the flattop is pretty sweet.  Hope to get the rails up front with handgrip and light.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone else want to stroke me, or is this it?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top