Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:55:16 AM EDT
Mark 12 Mod 0 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) - Where Can I Purchase One ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/3/3a/SPRCrane.jpg

Like the title says - Where can I (a civillian) purchase a "Real Deal" SPR upper - As described on the following web page:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_12_Mod_0

Nathan

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out MSTN in the Industry forum. Wes is the man.

Click here
Ed
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
you want the "real deal" complete rifle, or just the "real deal" upper?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't think anyone is selling the complete "real deal" rifle, unless someone out there has an M16A1 and a upper from wes for sale.
Otherwise, you'll have to buy the upper and buy an AR15 lower to slap it on.
You may be able to buy an M16 if your state and budget allow, but IMHO it would be a waste for this purpose.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think anyone is selling the complete "real deal" rifle, unless someone out there has an M16A1 and a upper from wes for sale.
Otherwise, you'll have to buy the upper and buy an AR15 lower to slap it on.
You may be able to buy an M16 if your state and budget allow, but IMHO it would be a waste for this purpose.

that is why I asked... the upper is not that tough, the whole thing aint going to happen though
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I purchased most everything for mine from Wes at MSTN and assembled it myself. Kind of pricey, but with handloads I have been shooting groups 3/8" across at 100yds using handloads (Win brass, 77grn SMK's, 24.5grns of Varget). Mine is set up just like the one in the picture but I went with an A1 stock. The customer service Wes provides is top notch and I will not hesitate to purchase from him again mainly because he has been able to get things for me that others dont carry or have available.
You can also go for something very similar from Adco for less.
I'm in the middle of building a Mk12 Mod1, but this will be in 6.8SPC and have the Crane stock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't hardly beat this deal:  SPR Mk12 Mod0 For Sale for a "civilian" model.  Don't know if you can get a "real" one, but if you have connections, I'm sure you could.

The M16A2 lower will cost you a pretty penny, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Can't hardly beat this deal:  SPR Mk12 Mod0 For Sale for a "civilian" model.  Don't know if you can get a "real" one, but if you have connections, I'm sure you could.

A1 lowers for the SPR, at least in the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A1 lowers for the SPR, at least in the beginning.

Yepper, the article referenced above mentions that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The photo posted is one of Wes from MSTNs guns.

Wikipedia even gives MSTN.Biz photo credit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked mine from JTAC
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The photo posted is one of Wes from MSTNs guns.

Wikipedia even gives MSTN.Biz photo credit.

I actually ran across that page a few months ago and it was a little bit off on the information so I updated the page and gave Wes credit for the photo since it was his (I hate it when people jack photos as I do a lot of photography). I don't know who put the page up originally but it's publically updatable so I figured I'd at least get some correct info on there (most of which was gleamed from Wes's post on the SPR)....if anyone has better info, please update that page...

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]
This is where I got mine.www.pri-mounts.com/special1.htm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top