Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:29:50 PM EDT
The Firing Pin Retaining pin that I ordered from brownells ( DPMS Panther AR) are to tihgt and very hard to get in and the head sticks out past the carrier. I have a Bushmaster. Are thre different pin sizes?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure that the legs of the pin are going into the hole on the opposite side upon insertion? Sometimes the legs will spread apart after you install the pin into one side and it won't want to go into the other side, leaving the head sticking out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
They are going inthey are almost out the other side.  I lookrd at the top loop of the pin and compared
it to the one that was in thire and it is smaller and kind of flat on top the new ones are a larger loop.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Well on mine (bolt carrier only, don't have a whole rifle yet), you kind of have to fiddle with it to get it to go in. Basically I just have to take it out and put it back in again a couple times, or the head will stick out. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
All pins are not equal. There are a lot of them out there like you have. I started buying Colt ones from a couple of places because I got tired of fighting the others. Some were not even usable because of how far they stuck out with the rounded head. Brownell sells Colt parts you might try one of those next time. They go in easier also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top