Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:17:59 PM EDT
I was completely undable to zero my aimpoint M2 on my M4gery yesterday and I have pretty much eliminated all other possible problems. Its not the rifle or me (was shooting 1" groups at 50 yds with the irons)I dont think its not the mount stability, I actually reinstalled the whole mount (larue) today to rule that out...

basically the vibration of either firing a shot or just cycling the action causes the dot to go up in relation to the point of aim... not really in any other direction, just up. LEads me to believe the elevation controls in the unit are somehow fucked up.

so I'm going to have to send it back to aimpoint.

anyone have similar problems (or other) with an aimpoint before? Its really unexpected considering the reputation tehy have...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several and I've never had a problem.

What mount are you using?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It's rare to have a problem with an Aimpoint - but it does happen.

One quick question - your LaRue mount does it have black hardware or the tan/bronze colored hardware?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
See here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=201696

Maybe you're experiencing the same problem with your Larue mount.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a Larue and it has the black hardware.

I read about the issue with the screws yesterday and thats what I thought it was... that one of the screws had gotten loose. SO today I degreased the screws and reinstalled the entire thing.

The screws are VERY tight, as tight as I could get them.  the mount feels rock solid.

still, when it is mounted to the rifle and I cycle the action, teh dot moves up (in relation to the front sight post)...  so I'm pretty sure its the aimpoint itself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
still, when it is mounted to the rifle and I cycle the action, teh dot moves up (in relation to the front sight post)...  so I'm pretty sure its the aimpoint itself.

As you've confirmed this on a target (by shooting) then send it in.

If you were just 'dicking around with it' at home, I'd say go to the range first.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you've confirmed this on a target (by shooting) then send it in.

If you were just 'dicking around with it' at home, I'd say go to the range first.

I have confirmed it on a target.... but the shots were ALL OVER THE PLACE, most not on target. I didnt keep any of the targets.

I was just dicking around tonite, but the same thing was happening... I will be calling monday and sending it in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top