Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:55:53 PM EDT
Got green light from new wife, this is our first week together as Man and Wife, she is really cool I got her a Tikka T3 SS Lam 243 for a wedding present, she says I can have the MRP as mine..... but now should I get the MRP or get something cheaper and put the other money into glass like an ACOG or get the MRP and scrape up enough scratch for an Aimpoint?

PS she picked out the Tikka
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Better check your wallet. After you get your "toy" your wife's gonna get your wallet and is going shopping.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
lol she is getting a settlement check from a lawsuit a year ago, thats wheer the money is coming from for mine
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Lucky dog!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lucky dog!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting to see how long it takes for some one to say I am P%$#y Whipped
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a MRP simply for the "cool" factor, I say go for it.  But personally, I would get a nice M4 variant and add an ACOG, mount, BUIS set, etc, etc.  YMMV.    
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Hm, you need someone's authorization to spend your own money?  I think I'll stay single.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you want a MRP simply for the "cool" factor, I say go for it.  But personally, I would get a nice M4 variant and add an ACOG, mount, BUIS set, etc, etc.  YMMV.    

+1
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hm, you need someone's authorization to spend your own money?  I think I'll stay single.  

Isnt that what getting married is all about?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No need to
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Well as I like to say, she can wear the pants in the relationship if she wants....as long as I'm allowed in them every now and then!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well as I like to say, she can wear the pants in the relationship if she wants....as long as I'm allowed in them every now and then!

Oh dear...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#16]
She got a sister?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#17]
LOL I figured I would catch some chit, yes wanting an MRP is part  the coolness factor, but I also hear really good things about them, is the added performance worth the price?  I really like the look and fit of the MRP and I would think the monolithic rail would be much sturdier than anything else. I put up a post in the MSTN forum trying to find out what the accuracy level of  LMT MRP system is with the CHrome Lined Barrel.

PS its her money from a settlement I didnt do anything but tell her to pursue legal action
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:11:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
LOL I figured I would catch some chit, yes wanting an MRP is part  the coolness factor, but I also hear really good things about them, is the added performance worth the price?  I really like the look and fit of the MRP and I would think the monolithic rail would be much sturdier than anything else. I put up a post in the MSTN forum trying to find out what the accuracy level of  LMT MRP system is with the CHrome Lined Barrel.

PS its her money from a settlement I didnt do anything but tell her to pursue legal action

The MRP is going to be inherently accurate since the barrel is free floated.  Now as to "performance", I have no clue.  The MRP should "perform" as well as or better than any other free-floated 16" or 14.5" (depending on your barrel choice) out there.  But all that depends on what you mean by "perform".  

What is your total $$ cap?  Because remember the MRP price you see is for the upper and barrel.  So you have to add in a bolt and bolt carrier, chanrging handle, and whatever else you want on or in it.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well I'd gladly adorn the "P!@#y Whipped" title if she was getting me a MRP.  Oh wait, I am, and the wife isn't, so you got it made buddy  Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#21]
what i have learned is this when the wife says yes, run out an buy it! dont give her a chance to change her mind!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Well this back ordered thing shines new light on the subject.... should I wait indeffinately...... my cap is about 1800 to 2K I have all Internals for the upper.  I am not a patient man when it comes to these sorts of things I was already looking a 16inupper with a 12.0DD might put the extra $ in an Optic  anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#23]
if you cant get the mrp than good optics would probably be next in line
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
should I get the MRP or get something cheaper and put the other money into glass like an ACOG or get the MRP and scrape up enough scratch for an Aimpoint?

PS she picked out the Tikka

Aren't ACOG's back ordered until the year 4095?  This poor guy's got the loot to get all the cool stuff,  but the cool stuff he want's isn't available.  that just ain't right!

By the way.  I wear the pants in my house.  My wife just tells me how to put them on.
George
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well this back ordered thing shines new light on the subject.... should I wait indeffinately...... my cap is about 1800 to 2K I have all Internals for the upper.  I am not a patient man when it comes to these sorts of things I was already looking a 16inupper with a 12.0DD might put the extra $ in an Optic  anyone have any suggestions?

If you are not of the patient type, I would go ahead and go the other route.  What you wrote plus an ACOG of some sort would be nice.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know of another rail system that looks similiar to MRP I like how the lower portian of the MRP is flush with the lower portion of the upper?  I thought I saw a rail system from Knights that looked similiar?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Knights has their URX system but that is hard to get right now and requires specific installation tools to get it on.  

The Troy Industries MRX on the other hand achieves the look of the MRP but has a removeable bottom rail for cleaning etc.

Go check them out.  

Troy Industries
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks that looks pretty good I only saw up to a 10" model to bad they dont have a 12" but I can probably deal with 2" less of rail
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Troy MRF-MX seems to be on Backorder sa well!  anyways I can get all of the parts that I need for 600 bucks to put together the Upper that I want but I have never put an upper together I am pretty sure I can do it though.... how much am I going to have spend on tools  though?  I may just have someone assemble it for me ... though I would like to have the tools to put others together later.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

That's what I said 8 years ago.  I've been married for seven years now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Troy MRF-MX seems to be on Backorder sa well!  anyways I can get all of the parts that I need for 600 bucks to put together the Upper that I want but I have never put an upper together I am pretty sure I can do it though.... how much am I going to have spend on tools  though?  I may just have someone assemble it for me ... though I would like to have the tools to put others together later.

Mongo would know about that.  He does what you describe about once a week.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top