Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:35:29 PM EDT
Is there a M4 specific bayonet?  As I understand, the bayonet is supposed to be around the flash hider when attached to the lug.  I tried one on my rifle today, but being a M4 profile, it puts the hoop on the bayonet around the barrel where it's loose.

Alternativly.... anyone got any ideas on a clean looking way to shim the bayonet to make it tighter on the barrel, but with a shim that will neight marr the barrel, nor melt on it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
old m-7 or the newer m-9

also the new usmc bayo (dont know the designation)
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. You're M4gery has a 16" barrel doesn't it?

If it had the 14.5" barrel the bayo ring would ride on the flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about that.... yea, I meant for the 16" BBL fake M4..... Mine has an A2 supressor at the tip... looking for a bayonet that'll fit it correctly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

That extra barrel, due to lengthening it ti 16'', causes your problem.  No link, but some place offers modified bayonets that will fit 16'' barrels and even one that fits 11.5'' if im not mistaken.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That extra barrel, due to lengthening it ti 16'', causes your problem.  No link, but some place offers modified bayonets that will fit 16'' barrels and even one that fits 11.5'' if im not mistaken.

prebanarms.com/detail.asp?product_id=a03

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree.... $65 isn't worth it.  The one at the gun show was $25... I could drop $25 on it for the novlety, but not $65.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#8]
There are also clamp on bayonet lugs that you can mount ahead of the front sight base so that the bayonet will fit correctly on the flash suppressor.

Can't remember if it was Bushmaster or DPMS that had them.

Might get some funny looks from people though if they knew that you actually purposely put a bayonet lug on your rifle with the intent that at some point you will need a bayonet.   Atleast you could mount the bayonet at cool angles like 12 o'clock or 3 o'clock then :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top