Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 2:26:27 PM EDT
I'm thinking of putting a vertical grip on my AR. I looked at one that CDNN has, it includes the grip with the rail, the price is only $14.99. It is described as light-weight. They also have a vertical grip for $24.99, I would also have to buy a rail. What is the better route? Does anyone here own the $14 vertical grip like CDNN has?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy a name brand grip or look for a deal in the E&E on a good, name brand grip. Don't buy a cheap no-name grip. I'm one of those "disapointed people" who didn't listen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you. Looks like I'll look for a quality grip & rail. I thought that $14.99 was very very cheap for both.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
When it comes to AR accessories, you get what you pay for.  

-Tyler
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well what are some good suggestions and where to get them.
I too am in the market.
Didn't mean to hijack your post.
Robert
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
KAC or tango down

best grips for the $$$
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Where can I purchase one of these online?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
ThePrisoner72

I did a lot of research last night on the subject. www.gandrtactical.com/  I comunicated with Grant about what was the most durable the Tango down $58or the CQD$85. I don't think he will mind me Quoting him. Here is what he said.

They are both awesome and you can't lose either way. I would say that you could beat someone to death with the CQD though...

Grant

I'm usually a cheap skate but I like what I read in another post on this product also and for 27 bucks i don't think you will ever have to worry about it breaking.
JMHO after doing some research. I just placed my order.
Robert
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought of the cheap ones too, but decided I'd rather spend more once, than less once, and more later.  I got the GG&G grip.  It is shaped like the KAC, but is slightly larger in diamter than the KAC, though not as large as the Tango Down.  It also has a storage compartment unlike the KAC, which also is not as large as the TD (I have 2 AA batteries in it).  It is also machined rather than molded like the other 2.  I'm in no way saying it is better b/c I know the others are high quality grips.  To each his own,epesically with their own money, I'm just trying to point out the differences.  The GG&G seems plenty durable.  While I don't shoot on FA, I do bear down on it pretty hard.  I've shot enough to get my rail uncomfortable to touch, but the grip was fine, warm, but fine.  I don't know how well the others resist heat.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Solid post!  I use the GG&G to good effect.  I have also shot the KAC and TD, but only the GG&G and KAC on burst.  All three are good, as I am sure the other top-end verts are.  I'm active duty, so I went with the GG&G so the uniformity freaks wouldn't be alarmed, as the difference isn't noticeable unless you are close.  I am in a tank BN so any accessory I get has to be close to issue, or else people wave the red flag.  My personal stuff, by neccessity, mirrors my work carbine as close as possible.  Why train two platforms, right?  These guys are on target with the " get what you pay for theory"
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]
welcome to the board..and good post

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for..

everything on my rifle is top shelf...and since I dont plan on going into combat anytime soon..I dont mind taking a little more time getting the top shelf items...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
A few in the EE right now as I type
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Gonna go there now!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know if anyone is selling these in the EE but I'm currently using a Falcon Industries Broom Handle. I have found many forward grips to be too short or too thick, not to mention many do not have quick detach and storage. The FI Broom Handle has both of these plus feels good to me. It also uses and aluminum mounting surface rather than the plastic of other manufacturer's. It's up to you but I thought I'd put in my opinion, for what ever it's worth.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a KAC grip on EE.  Very satisfied.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]
GG&G

So far I have liked it best of all the ones I have tried (TD, KAC, those horrible ARMS creatures).  Only time will tell if it can hold up but I bear down on it pretty good and it's stayed rock solid.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 for GG&G  Mine is great and it has'nt come loose once.  I got mine from Brightflashlights here on the Forum.  I also got my YHM 2-peice handguards, surefire G2, TDI mount, Etc. from him.  Great guy to deal with and excellent prices.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#18]
+ 1  GG&G Vert. Grip
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Once SKD Tactical restocks the grip & rail package on the EE I'm going to get one.  It  does look like a sweet deal!

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a GG&G on my AR-10.  I'm very happy with it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top