Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 10:01:11 AM EDT
I will be buying a 16" RRA Ar-15 in the next couple days and I have a couple of quick questions.  I have a choice between the chrome moly 1x9 barrel or the stainless 1x8.  I will be shooting bullets 55grains or above, with 55 for target and higher for defense.  What round/barrel will be best for me if I mainly shoot for defense purposes?  I have read ammo oracle and it really isn't telling me much difference between the two.  I will probably never shoot over 77 grains and mostly between 62-75.    I am not a long range shooter, mainly 100-300 yds.  Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Jacob
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Great first post!!!

Welcome to ARFCOM!!!

As for your question, I'm sure someone will be by shortly to help.  'Til then, grab a coffe or coke, have a seat, and enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the chrome moly 1/9. It will save you some weight and some money at very little expense to accuracy. I decided to go with the stainless but that's primarily because I like the look and the 1/8 twist to allow me to shoot heavier loads (and having the stainless makes me feel better that my gun is more accurate than just a "regular" RRA CAR)

Also, if you can, get it used. RRA is backordered 3-4 months.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy neither - get the chrome lined M4 barrel from RRA....

As my buddy Troy would say "Go Chrome or Go Home"..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top