Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 9:24:02 AM EDT
how do take this thing of i dont see any weld marks for a pin to be welded in ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
It's pressed on.  You have to press it off, have your barrel shortened and permanently install a Phantom or Vortex.  Contact ADCO Firearms at www.adcofirearms.com.  They do good work.

NEXT!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
send it to adco
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Mongo, don't know if your from the Det area, but there is a really decent gun smithing shop in Mt Clemens...far eastside of Det who can do that work for you and at a better price than ADCO.  I'm sure ADCO is terrific, but I like using Michigan based companies when possible.  (please, no "ADCO is the best" responses....I meant NO insult to them)

The place is M&R Arms Specialties on Gratiot in MT Clemens.  They worked on one of my other ARs and did a great job.  I had my A3 carbine cut down with the vortex perm installed, the barrel reprofiled under the grips (made a BIG difference) and then the entire rifle DiamonKoted in OD.  Looks very nice.  Also had a Kimber UCII and a Colt Pony DiamondKoted in OD...I'm OD-crazy!!!

Prices and turn-around time was first rate.  Check out their site.....no I don't work there!

www.mrarms.com
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is at ADCO as we speak.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Mongo, don't know if your from the Det area, but there is a really decent gun smithing shop in Mt Clemens...far eastside of Det who can do that work for you and at a better price than ADCO.  I'm sure ADCO is terrific, but I like using Michigan based companies when possible.  (please, no "ADCO is the best" responses....I meant NO insult to them)

The place is M&R Arms Specialties on Gratiot in MT Clemens.  They worked on one of my other ARs and did a great job.  I had my A3 carbine cut down with the vortex perm installed, the barrel reprofiled under the grips (made a BIG difference) and then the entire rifle DiamonKoted in OD.  Looks very nice.  Also had a Kimber UCII and a Colt Pony DiamondKoted in OD...I'm OD-crazy!!!

Prices and turn-around time was first rate.  Check out their site.....no I don't work there!

www.mrarms.com

Sweet.  May have to look them up some day.  As of today I'll be threading my own barrels and turning my own barrels down to lower profiles with my own lathe in my garage.  And I'll be park'ing them in my basement with my home grown park' kit.

Mongo Arms.........................now that's got a certain ring to it that I like.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
HAHAHAHA.  I just keep hearing, "Mongo like AR."
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's pressed on.  You have to press it off, have your barrel shortened and permanently install a Phantom or Vortex.  Contact ADCO Firearms at www.adcofirearms.com.  They do good work.

NEXT!!

If you want it shortened that's great, but there is no need to do so.  You can just have it threaded and leave the splines showing, or cover the splines with a spacer made of your old pressed on FH.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEXT!!

If you want it shortened that's great, but there is no need to do so.  You can just have it threaded and leave the splines showing, or cover the splines with a spacer made of your old pressed on FH.

While the spacer thing may look OK, you would have some trouble getting a 'park color match unless you stripped the whole barrel and parked everything in one batch.  Leaving the splines showing, while functional, would be just about the most retarded looking things I've seen.  Be honest, you are putting the FH one there for looks - what you already have on there is a FH look alike, so why change it.  If you are doing something for nothing more than looks, do it right, don't mess around.  IMHO, YMMV, IIRC and all other disclaimers apply as applicable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top