Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:12:54 PM EDT
Getting a 16" bull barreled DPMS flattop and am going to use it for tactical shoots.  Anyone have a problem with the extra 1 lb. of weight?  Some of these uppers with M4 barrels and flashlights, vert grips ARMS forends, can't weight much less, if not more.
Thanks for your opinions.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 16" bull. Mine is not for quick tactical shooting. It is scoped with a Leupold Tactical 3-9x40 w/ mil dot. It is more useful as a spotter weapon. you can engage most targets out to 600M confidently. You probably don't want to be using it up close and standing up.
JMHO
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a wide range of spare parts laying around and I had the same idea that you mentioned, so I built this.................................rifle.  I call it a bull tactical rifle.  Whether it is or not is open for discussion, I guess.  It looks a little different now.  The scope rings you see there were too low, so I replaced them with a higher set.  They cleared the FSB better.  Oh, and it has a real collapsable stock now also, a Crane clone.

I really need to update this pic.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had a wide range of spare parts laying around and I had the same idea that you mentioned, so I built this.................................rifle.  I call it a bull tactical rifle.  Whether it is or not is open for discussion, I guess.  It looks a little different now.  The scope rings you see there were too low, so I replaced them with a higher set.  They cleared the FSB better.  Oh, and it has a real collapsable stock now also, a Crane clone.

I really need to update this pic.

www.hunt101.com/img/158109.JPG

It looks hungry (no mag).
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I wil have an Eotech on mine, and possibly get a Carbon fiber FF tube for it.  When I get it set up, I'll have to post some pics.

Mongo, any idea of the weight of yours?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top