Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 3:59:11 PM EDT
I have seen these cheepo ones before a gunshows. they look forged, but I think they must be made in China to be so cheep.  I was wondering if anyone has tried one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I had purchased one through gunbroker, it only cost $45 shipped.  Comes in a plainish brown box with the picture of the item and "carry handle" on the outside.  While I wouldn't use it for matches or anything, the adjustments on it to zero the rifle were solid and predictable, and held good groupings.  I haven't shot it since I zeroed then removed it, I wanted to zero my holosight, and ran out of time to check for consistency on the carry handle sights.  

The company's name was centerfire systems, but am not sure if that is the name of the account on gunbroker.  If you're interested, send me a PM, and I'll do some more research on it.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, I m going to the big Dallas gunshow tomarrow and may look at some there.  It will be interesting to see how they compare to the expensive ones.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a made in china one...I am afraid to take it off and lose my zero.

It is also almost cranked all the way to the left, while when I had my ARMS #40 it was damn near zeroed as soon as I installed it.

It works good enough to screw around, but I am planning on getting rid of mine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a cheap one once.  The ball detent on the elevation adjust was grinding the elevation knob to dust.  It was truly junk.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I built 2 M4 uppers here in Iraq using the Tapco handles. They are made in Taiwan and work well. The aperatures are cheap crap but work ok. The ones I built are still holdin their zero. I recommend the aperatures be replaced with a milspec aperature.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top