Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 11:59:33 AM EDT
Anyone have experience dealing with J&G?  Their are 2 gun shops in northwest Louisisana I usually deal with one no longer deals with J&G due to exorbatant shipping charges the other sends back about a third of the ordered inventory because they pay extra for the "unissued" or "like new" or "refurbished" and the weapons look like S?!T.  I myself have ordered A CZ-52 from them in the best available condition and don't get me wrong the gun functions without issue but certainly does not look best possible condition.  I am seriously contemplating ordering a Cetme from them because my FFL dealer/ receipient is on file with them and it would expediate the process versus SOG or Samco Or Sarco who they are not on file with.  Is it worth the trouble to wait a couple of weeks for the process to finish with the FFL dealer or should I get screwed on the shipping and possibly get an eyesore weapon.  I have never delt with the other mentioned suppliers so I might get an eyesore weapon anyway.  Just seeking advice.

Thanks,

matt    
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought grom them on several occasions. Nothing but good experiences.  I won't hesitate to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone have experience dealing with J&G?  Their are 2 gun shops in northwest Louisisana I usually deal with one no longer deals with J&G due to exorbatant shipping charges the other sends back about a third of the ordered inventory because they pay extra for the "unissued" or "like new" or "refurbished" and the weapons look like S?!T.  I myself have ordered A CZ-52 from them in the best available condition and don't get me wrong the gun functions without issue but certainly does not look best possible condition.  I am seriously contemplating ordering a Cetme from them because my FFL dealer/ receipient is on file with them and it would expediate the process versus SOG or Samco Or Sarco who they are not on file with.  Is it worth the trouble to wait a couple of weeks for the process to finish with the FFL dealer or should I get screwed on the shipping and possibly get an eyesore weapon.  I have never delt with the other mentioned suppliers so I might get an eyesore weapon anyway.  Just seeking advice.

Thanks,

matt    

Always good service from them but I thought they were in Arizona.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had excellent service from them.
Shipping suck SKerry, but I’ve found them to be well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
They shafted me a couple years ago. I ordered a brass tumbler they advertised "on sale" I gave them my CC # and they ran it through. Well a week passed no tumbler called was told out of stock but in expected that week. Well a month went by no tumbler . I called and canceled order, well the SOB's credited my CC less 10% for restocking fee !!!!! I called, they more or less told me to bad. I told them how could they charge me a restock fee on a product I never received ! Got another to bad for me company policy BS. Well by then it was to late to protest charge to CC company. I now stay FAR FAR away from them. To many good folks selling. I would pay 10% + more for a product rather than deal with them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had both good dealings and bad dealings with J&G sales.  I can say that I personally would buy from them again, but they are no where near my first choice.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I inquired about ammo from them and shipping charges.  The shipping was more than the ammo.  Went to Cabelas.  Same price on the ammo, and only $6 to ship..
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I was referring to were I am, and the FFL dealer I usually go through are located.  J&G as far as I know are in Arizona.  I will probably go through with the order, but just as I thought and was told I got a mixed bag as far as results on J&G reccomendations.  All the feedback is greatly appreciated.  I will just have to be clear on the shipping as I feel I am going to get hosed on it, I was charged $20 to have my CZ-52 shipped and a another $25 to have it received on my end.  I don't want to think about shipping on a large rifle will be at least the receiving fee will be the same.  Again thank you all

Matt
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#8]
J&G Sales is in Prescott, AZ, behind the post office.  I went to college in Prescott and almost always went to J&G when I was buying ammo, targets, etc.  I've been out of college for a year and a half now, so I don't know how much they've changed, but in the store, they seemed a bit disorganized.  They only had two cash registers, and more often than not, one was out.  I've waited in line for over an hour there just to buy some ammo, just because the entire sales process was so slow.

That being said, most of the store was a big warehouse, with the sales area relatively small up front.  They seemed like they had quite a substantial mail order business running, and they were literally behind the post office, so it shouldn't be a problem shipping stuff out.

Other than the slow service, I never had a problem buying from them.  Some of their older weapons (like the CZ-52's) are just old, and that's why they don't look the best.  I bought a Mauser from them, and there was a bit of rust on the metal, and the wood was dented, but it works fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They shafted me a couple years ago. I ordered a brass tumbler they advertised "on sale" I gave them my CC # and they ran it through. Well a week passed no tumbler called was told out of stock but in expected that week. Well a month went by no tumbler . I called and canceled order, well the SOB's credited my CC less 10% for restocking fee !!!!! I called, they more or less told me to bad. I told them how could they charge me a restock fee on a product I never received ! Got another to bad for me company policy BS. Well by then it was to late to protest charge to CC company. I now stay FAR FAR away from them. To many good folks selling. I would pay 10% + more for a product rather than deal with them.

This is why I don't deal with folks that charge before the item ships.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've bought grom them on several occasions. Nothing but good experiences.  I won't hesitate to buy from them again.

+1 always good deals
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top