Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 11:19:44 AM EDT
I am wondering if the are any differences between the two front sight bases and front sight post. I am really shooting high with aA-1 front sight post on a A-3 upper using a A-2 style removeable carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A1 and A2 base is the same.  The sight post on the A1 is round, and has 5 index notch.  The A2 is square, and has 4 index notch.

Seems to me that you need a taller post for the front base, something to do with the flat top upper/removeable carry handle issue.

Look at Bushmaster web site.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
the A1 front sight is tapered also. the A2 square is not
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I terms of dimensions they are the same, and each moves 5 MOA per rotation [assuming 20" rifle sight radius].  This breaks down to 1 moa per detent for the A1 (5 detents) and 1.25 MOA per detent for the A2 (4 detents).  As pointed out the A1 is round while the A2 is square.

Some removable handles are made to different heights (Which is why Bushmaster warns against using a Colt handle on their rifles).

Who's handle, barrel, BUIS, and flattop are you using?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am wondering if the are any differences between the two front sight bases and front sight post. I am really shooting high with aA-1 front sight post on a A-3 upper using a A-2 style removeable carry handle.

Is your FSB marked 'F', that is, for use with a flattop upper?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top