Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 9:12:57 PM EDT
Just asking because I am looking for options to go colapsing , but I want to be able to keep all of my cleaning stuff and spare parts/batteries with the rifle .
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
the magpul will have it soon... says richard
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
LMT Crane stock has two tubular strorage compartments in the stock. Some will say it's inconvenient that the stock has to be taken off to access them, but personally I don't see it as a problem. It takes about 5 seconds to get the stock off, then just pop the caps open and you're there. The really good part is that you can't drop the compartments by accident, they can't drop out while the stock is in place.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LMT Crane stock has two tubular strorage compartments in the stock. Some will say it's inconvenient that the stock has to be taken off to access them, but personally I don't see it as a problem. It takes about 5 seconds to get the stock off, then just pop the caps open and you're there. The really good part is that you can't drop the compartments by accident, they can't drop out while the stock is in place.

Do you need tools to get the stock off?
If do than that would be no go probably .

The whole point is setting this rifle up for the big wave .
Head to high ground grab the rifle and go . No dicking around with "Fuck I forgot this or I forgot that ."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Head to high ground grab the rifle and go . No dicking around with "Fuck I forgot this or I forgot that ."

Pull directly down on the locking lever (instead of pushing in on part of it to make it act as a lever) and you can slide a collapsing stock completely off.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pull directly down on the locking lever (instead of pushing in on part of it to make it act as a lever) and you can slide a collapsing stock completely off.

+1. It's just as fast as adjusting the stock. Takes 5 seconds if you haven't tried it before, much less if you practice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Vltors work best on Mil Spec Extension tubes.  Work best meaning nice and snug, no slop.

Vltors are a big improvement over the Crane stock as you do not need to remove the entire stock(as with the Crane) to access storage.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The magpul is supposed to have it eventually, but they've been saying that for over a year now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Vltors are a big improvement over the Crane stock as you do not need to remove the entire stock(as with the Crane) to access storage.

I don't find this to be a improvement much less a big one.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't find this to be a improvement much less a big one.  

Fair enough...its an improvement nontheless for half the price.  The Crane was good 5 years ago, There's better stuff out there nowadays.  I look forward to seeing Rich's solution to in-stock storage.

Don't get me wrong, I have a Crane and like it, but I like my Vltors better
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Those tubes...

Kinda small...

Cleaning supplies? Nothing fits inside the VLTOR all to well. I had an hope that I could fit something inside, but if it's too tight then you may have trouble taking it out if it gets pushed in deep.

Not long enough to accomidate mil issue sectional steel rods either. Patches will get stuck! All it is good for is an item that is near the diameter of a CR-123. If its fluffy like patches they wont come out. Might look into finding a small sectional cleaning kit for a pistol to fit into the VLTOR tubes. I found that if you want to accomidate spare arts / cleaning supplies leave your strong side tube on the VLTOR and take off the weak side tube. Replace the weak side with a canvas bag and attach it to the VLTOR. This gives you room for some of your gear.

Besides that the VLTOR is the best col stock I have used. It is truly rattle free and has a very tight finish. The Vltor buffer tube is also forged and slick as glass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Ditto on small tubes. Vltor isn't as big as you might think. Great stock though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top