Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 8:28:23 PM EDT
I've ordered Hogue grips but since then I've discovered the Samco G27.  Can anyone give me the differences and which they like better and why.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Like a typical ARFcommer afflicted with Black Rifle Disease, I have both.  I like the G27 better than Hogue because it's thicker from front to back.  But the Hogue is rubber and the G27 is hard plastic, meaning the rubber Hogue is more tacky and provides a stronger grip with less slippage.  Since then, I've switched to the textered tango down grip.  It's hard plastic too, but the ergonomics is great.  I only wish it was a little more tacky like the hogue though. I can probably buy some stickers for it.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both, they are the best grips, imho, for the AR.  I really like the shape of the G27, but the Hogue's rubber just feels better from a tactile standpoint.   If  you could just combine the two lol.

I have mostly Hogues on my rifles, but I do like the G27.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Im  usung the newer G-27  grip,  it seem  to fit my  hand  nicely,   also  it has a storage compartment in the grip.

TG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Have both, prefer the G27. Like stated above, if they could add the rubber type exterior of the Hogue to the G27 that would be very excellent.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The Hogue has a more natural feel to it . And they are all I own for my AR's
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Get both it is the only way to be sure.  It is one of the cheepest things you can buy for you black rifle.  

I am waiting until the magpul design comes out it looks interesting.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
G27s on all 4 of my ARs; switched from Hogues, and Lone Star trapdoors before that.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
there's a G27 on the lower that just went to CT and it was great.  I had bought a hogue from midwayusa for $15 and thought it was to narrow side to side width-wise.  i love hogue grips, but it felt like i was grabbing a small piece of lumber coated in rubber.

sold the hogue, sold the G27.

Magpul grip on the way!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the TD and the Hogue's..... and have tried so many out there... and the Hogue is still the tackiest, best feeling grip I have ever used.  Nothing comes close IMHO.  I really like the storage of the TD grip tho.  If Hogue would redesign for sealed batt. storage.... nothing could top that.

I am still thinking of ripping off this TD grip I bought and just going back to the Hogue.... and sticking any batteries needed in the front stick.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Tried an ergo grip.   I didn't really like it, but since I've bought the Hogue I haven't looked back.  If there's something better than the Hogue, go for it because the Hogue is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the G27 grip and love it.  I covered it with a bit of bicyle inner tubing for some tackiness.  It works great in the rain. I keep an extra one in the grip along with spare batteries wrapped in some foam to prevent rattle.  You can get inner tubes for free at any bike shop.  If you cut them to 1/2" widths they also make handy heavy duty rubber bands.

One thing I want to try out it a new 3M product called "Cold Shrink" It is totally amazing.  It's this rubber tube that is prestretched over this removeable core.  you just slip it over the item you want to have a rubber sleeve on and then remove the core.  I saw some at my local hardware store that put one on hammer and it was as if they dipped it in rubber.  But it's a sleeve that just slips on.  It's hard to explain, but if you search for it on the web, you can get more details.  There is even cold shrik tape that is like electrical tape, but there is no residue.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing but A2 for me beeeotch!  I ain't no damn grip homo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
g27 for me!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top