Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:44:45 PM EDT
pic request of m4 with 37mm flare launcher  please im considering this setup and want to make sure its what i want also if anyone has a launcher for sale at a good price shoot me and im me  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah, forget the 37MM launcher, it adds a lot of weight for something you'll hardly use.  Got one 5 years ago and while it looked cool for a while, it was just dead weight for me.  Even if they could make one that looks like an M203 I'd still not mount one on my rifle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i just want it for the cool effect lol then id prolly sell it later
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah me too, but believe me it ain't that cool, better save your money for something more useful, like a SureFire
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll chime in.  I actually do have one mounted to an M4, but no working digital camera (sorry).  But I can tell you that if you can find an RPB launcher (as opposed to Bushmaster a.k.a. Cobray), they mount up tight to the barrel without modifications.  Mine is actually mounted on a rifle that is just used for display purposes (shocks the hell out of my anti-gun friends), it's not my shooter (primarily because the launchers do make the front ends rather heavy).  Try checking out 37mm.com.  It's a good site for all things 37mm.  Considering the rather useless accessories some people put on M4s, if you want a 37mm for coolness reasons, I say go for it.  To each his own.

-TxAggie
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]

This is what a real M203 looks like mounted on a M4 type carbine.  The problem with 37mm launcher is that they tend to hang lower than the real thing and it looks pretty bad on a M4 which has exposed handguard.  TxAggie's right about RPB launcher.  They do hang about same level as the real thing, but the hanging mechanism appearance is different so it is still abit off compared to the real thing.  Here is my 20" Bushmaster A2 with RPB 37mm launcher, and as you can see it's pretty "real" looking.  The M203 handguard conceals the 37mm launcher attachment very well so 20" rifle is what I'd recommend if you want to hang a 37mm.  Yes, the steel barrel of RPB will make your rifle feel like a ton, it is not very practical but it definite receives lots of attention and big on WOW factor!  The point of carbine is light weight and agility, I dont' think M4 should have M203 to begin with.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is where you can see what 37mm launcher look like mounted on carbines:
http://37mm.com/lotw/

It just looks too far off the real M4/M203 combo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here is where you can see what 37mm launcher look like mounted on carbines:
http://37mm.com/lotw/

It just looks too far off the real M4/M203 combo.

37mm.com/lotw/
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top