Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 9:33:09 AM EDT
I have a heavy (chromed lined) 16 inch bushmaster upper ands I keep asking nice gun smiths to thread it but they all act like its still a crime but the only legit reason I have been given is that it decreases the accuracy. Is this true? Furthermore who do you guys trust to  thread, parkerizeye, (man I hate that word) for a good price with a quick turn around time. also it would be nice to know if they could through a baient lug on there as well but thats not nesssesery thx guys
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact Tony at Tromix.  He is threading my Colt HBAR for me.  He has done other work for me so I do not know if he is doing my Colt as a favor or if he does it for everyone, but check with him and check his prices.  He did tell me though that the chuck will mark the barrel slightly under the handguard as his lathe is not big enough to use a double center and dog drive.  Plus, he is a great guy to do business with.  He also builds a hell of a .458 SOCOM upper!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
mmm, tromix...*drool*
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at a Gunshow sunday and Ranger Firearms were offering to thread barrel add FS and a new front sight tower with lug for $75. I am sure there are others doing it also.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Adco - check them out in the Industry area.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
There is also Kurt's Kustom Firearms in Florida. He also has a forum in the industry board.

Curcuits is a long time member here and lives in Colorado. He's setting up my Romy AK right now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top