Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:25:01 AM EDT
Ordered it with the longer rail on the bottom. Should ship next week. Will keep ya'll informed. Now to go barrel shopping...

www.mgimilitary.com/qcb.htm
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.  Keep us informed.  I'd like to try one, but can't justify the funds for it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#3]
What I don't understand is that they keep talking about how you can go between CQB and Long Range barrels. BUT every barrel has to use a carbine length gas system otherwise the front sight/gas tube will stick out in front of the handguard......
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What I don't understand is that they keep talking about how you can go between CQB and Long Range barrels. BUT every barrel has to use a carbine length gas system otherwise the front sight/gas tube will stick out in front of the handguard......

Yes.  Yes they will stick out.  but the rifle will still work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Gas block/frontsite will be in front of the handguard with a 16in barrel too nothing strange about that. Unless yer using a rifle or midlength handguard with a carbine gas system it's always going to be in front of the handguard.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi,
The QCB units are now being shipped with an extension sleeve, which will make the freefloat tube longer, for when you install a rifle-length barrel. The gas system and barrel(up to the FSB) will be covered by this extension tube. You can slip it on or off when you change barrels. The carbine-length tube remains fixed to the locking block, just the extension tube is added/removed in a slip on/slip off manner.

There is no change in the price of the QCB, we are just adding this item to the package to make it better for different length barrel usage. No midlength extension tubes at this time, but you could cut one short, if  you wanted to. It's just a simple slip-fit tube, nothing real fancy. Matching finish.

Tom Lyons
MGI

Thanks. gplg!!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top